question about pump and heater???

michelle16December 6, 2010

Hello everyone, I have not been on here since the summer when our pool was completed, but had a question about the automatic pump on the solid cover, we have left it on but were told to unplug when it freezes, so do you take it inside now? then what about all the snow that sits on the cover, why is it necessary to take all the rain water off, then we get alot of snow, and it sits on there? not sure what to do, also, right now we just have a piece of plywood on top of the raypack heater, should we get a heater cover, I was told no because animals get in there? Any help would be great, thanks in advance!! Michelle

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poolguynj

A cover pump's job is to reduce the drowning risks associated with ponding liquid water. It's tough to drown on ice.

If the cover is frozen to the pool surface and will be that way till Spring, unplugging it is a good idea.

If there is a warm spell, plug it back in.

Scott

Bookmark   December 6, 2010 at 1:52PM
poolguynj

WRT to the heater cover, I have found they create a shelter for mice. Mice chew things like wires and insulation.

Scott

Bookmark   December 6, 2010 at 2:50PM
racket

I'd take my chances with the mice, because you know weather would take it's toll on the heater.

Bookmark   December 8, 2010 at 1:50AM
More Discussions
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
should pool building take this long??
I signed a contract July 19th with Mr. Carlos pools....
animallover5
Our Pool Remodel with Mr. Carlos Pools
So after much searching and many quotes from diffirent...
evepineda02
Basement pool - How to prepare the room?
With some slight modifications to my garage (dropping...
Alex House
changing pool filter
I AM TOLD BY MY POOL SERVICE THAT MY FILTER IS TOO...
rudnick
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™