neighbor won't move car from our driveway!!!

elle481April 9, 2009

We are in the final stages of selling our mom's home. The home has been vacant. Our mom allowed the neighbors next door to park one of their cars in her two car driveway and for that they took our her garbage. Well, Mom has moved out, the house is closing in the next few weeks and we have rented a dumpster. We called the agent and asked him to notifiy the neighbors that they needed to moved their cars immediatly (they now park both in the spaces). He called twice to remind her. They agreed. My nephew was over there late this afternoon to check the home and the cars are still there. He saw the neighbor and was given "attitude"!!! This neighbor was also the former agent that had originally listed the home. The home is still listed with the agency but with another agent after I called her manager and had her taken off the listing due to her unprofessional behavior. I called the neighbor today and left a message telling her she has been told three times and to please move her cars immediatly or they will be towed! She never called back (I'm trying again). If the cars are not moved and the dumpster is being delivered, how do I handle this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
igloochic

Have the cars towed. They're on private property. You've notified them adequetly (document that) but honestly, you told them to move the cars, they haven't, so have them towed.

You might also consider mentioning this to the agent who is now listing it. They can talk to their broker. It sounds like she's trying to screw up the deal (delay your ability to work on it) because she's bitter.

    Bookmark   April 9, 2009 at 10:06PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rar1

I'm with igloochic, have them towed and impounded, as they have been abandoned on private property. Or if you're a jacka$$ like me I would drop the dumpster behind the cars where they can not get them out. Or better yet, you could have the dumpster dumped on top of the cars!

Good Luck!

    Bookmark   April 10, 2009 at 12:46AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
linda117117

I would send a certified letter stating that she has been notified on three separate occasions to remove the vehicles from the property. Give her an end all date and say if the vehicles are not removed by 5pm on that date, they will be towed at her expense. I wouldnt be playing games with this lady.

You could also call the police and tell them there are two cars parked on your property that arent supposed to be there. Let them go an knock on her door, Im sure she'll move them in a hurry.

    Bookmark   April 10, 2009 at 7:44AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kec01

I would not waste my time or money on certified mail. If you feel like you should be kind, put a note in their mailbox stating that if the cars aren't moved by noon that day, they will be towed.

If you aren't feeling kind, skip the note and have them towed.

    Bookmark   April 10, 2009 at 8:17AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dreamgarden

"The home is still listed with the agency but with another agent after I called her manager and had her taken off the listing due to her unprofessional behavior."

Seems odd that the agency hasn't 'talked' to this agent to ask her why she is trying so hard to sabatoge this deal. What does the present agent think of this?

linda117-"You could also call the police and tell them there are two cars parked on your property that arent supposed to be there. Let them go an knock on her door, Im sure she'll move them in a hurry."

Good idea. I wouldn't want to have to waste the time and money getting a certified letter either.

linda117 is right. I'd ask the police to stick around when the tow truck arrives as well.

    Bookmark   April 10, 2009 at 9:43AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elle481

Update! Crisis averted, the cars have been moved, just in time I might add, as the dumpster was delivered shortly after!!!

    Bookmark   April 10, 2009 at 10:21AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rar1

Good news! Glad it worked out for you.

    Bookmark   April 10, 2009 at 11:39AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mariend

you might still think about changing RE companies. The agent could still cause trouble or get into the house even if another agent has keys. I would not trust the company at all. In fact if there is a lock box, any agent could get in and do alot of damage. You also might discuss this with the local law enforcement so they can keep an eye on the property, if they will, but if it is a small town, be alert

    Bookmark   April 11, 2009 at 2:03AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Happy story: my sis just bought her first house
Just thought I'd share a happy story! My sister's been...
robo (z6a)
Preparing to list starter home w/o dishwasher etc.: how big a problem?
When I bought it and redid the kitchen, I replaced...
gramarows
Best time to List a House
Is there a best time to list a house for sale? We have...
hayden2
CO inspections...and other issues/questions
Son is buying a 1951 home. Inspector noticed the top...
cindywhitall
something to check when buying a home (pets/carpet)
something i wish i'd checked out before purchasing...
kiki_redo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™