FHA Appraisal: time it takes to get results back

pollopicuApril 13, 2012

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the results for the FHA appraisal? We already had the inspection and that went well.

We had our appraisal done this past Tuesday (4/10) and now it's Friday and we have to wait the entire weekend. Our mortgage broker is on our side and anxiously waiting for the response to be "uploaded" into the system, which obviously hasn't yet. I feel like I'm about to have a nervous breakdown. I'm close to tears knowing we won't hear anything all weekend, with no guarantee we'll get a response next week.

I'm in the northeast part of CT. Does anyone have experience in this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
linda117117

It usually depends on the appraiser, but they usually have them done within 4 or 5 days. You should hear by monday or tuesday. Why are you so stressed about the appraisal, do you think the house is overpriced?

Bookmark   April 14, 2012 at 8:49AM
cearbhaill

No expertise on appraisals- just wanted to say breathe, go outside and enjoy the spring.
Same week service is a rare bird nowadays and as it is out of your hands why allow it to ruin your weekend? Take a step away from the home buying stress- visualize putting it in a cupboard somewhere and don't take it back out until Monday.

Bookmark   April 14, 2012 at 8:52AM
pollopicu

Although the house is in seemingly great condition (passed inspection with flying colors) I'm afraid they'll find some fault with it, so it's not about price. It's about what the appraiser would find as safety issues. With FHA you never know..
I have been through the process at least 4 times in the last 3 years. This is the closest we've been, so I'm understandably stressed. I am enjoying the outdoors. Jogging, yoga, new pup, etc. worry is worry...easier said than done.

Bookmark   April 14, 2012 at 10:34AM
azzalea

When our house was appraised (last month), we were told it would take a week to 10 days. The approval got to us in about 2 days! Our agent was even surprised at the quick turn around. I'm sure, though, the times can vary greatly from region to region, appraiser to appraiser.

Bookmark   April 14, 2012 at 7:29PM
pollopicu

We still haven't heard back. I have no choice but to wait, but it's driving me insane.

Thanks for the responses.

Bookmark   April 16, 2012 at 7:18PM
pollopicu

The house appraised :)

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 9:22AM
More Discussions
trying to buy worried about appraisals
I looked at a house, liked it an made an offer. The...
neobuyer
Preparing to list starter home w/o dishwasher etc.: how big a problem?
When I bought it and redid the kitchen, I replaced...
gramarows
Move into a rent house while selling current house?
I'm trying to figure out if this is a good idea or...
anniebeagle
Being Sued for Home Sale
We had our home built in 2003.It was our dream home.Half...
camsgt
Should we buy a home that was unoccupied for 6 years?
There is a cup-de-sac where a builder built 5 homes,...
coffeemama1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™