Starting to get bids and terrified - DFW

partypondNovember 28, 2010

I have been haunting this place for about 2 years now and still don't have a pool. Well hubby just announced that we can finally do it and wants a contract signed by the end of the year. YIPPPEEEEEE!!

SOOOO, I have making some phone calls tomorrow and getting the bid process started. I am in the far north Dallas area so we have a wide selection of builders but I am so worried about making this decision. I am hoping someone really stands out as the best selection but wow all of this is overwelming! I am calling Claffey, Gold Medal, Platinum, Clear Tech and Artesian to start with and then Benchmark is a back up plus I would like to talk to Stonepools. Any comments on any of these??

thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
goofygrin

I couldn't get anyone from Gold Medal to call me back or email me back, so they were cut quickly. ClearTech was pretty good getting back to me, but their price was very high.

Bookmark   November 29, 2010 at 10:21AM
goyom

Terrified now?? LOL! You had better get on some tranquilizers now, you aint seen nothing yet! Wait till they start tearing up your yard etc etc!

Bookmark   November 29, 2010 at 5:35PM
partypond

I am sure it will just get crazier! I have 2 builders coming out on Wednesday and 2 on Thursday so hopefully once i get started I will feel better about the whole thing. Just looking at all the pictures of everyones pools is getting me very excited. I am sure with everyones help I will make an informed decision.

Thanks

Bookmark   November 30, 2010 at 11:48PM
newpoolforus

We just built..used Custom Outdoor Trends. Craig was A.MAZE.ING! check out his website www.customoutdoortrends.com

good luck w/ your new pool!

Bookmark   December 1, 2010 at 12:00AM
paradigmdawg

Claffey or Paul Miller in your area would both be a good choice.

Bookmark   December 2, 2010 at 7:08PM
topfiftybuilder

Saw this www.howtobuyaswimmingpool.com , one of my customers bought it... lots of good info for the first time buyer

Bookmark   December 14, 2010 at 7:45PM
partypond

thanks for the info everyone.

We ran into some financing problems (love Tx mortgage laws!!) but think we have resolved them. We have chosen a builder and meet with him tonight to look at updated plans. Getting excited to see plans tonight.

Bookmark   December 15, 2010 at 10:02AM
More Discussions
Looking for advice on indoor pool filter and pump
Hi, I've spent time reading over the archives, but...
gwgjr33
pool filter leak; newbies buying the house
We have a contract on a house with a pool. The pool...
defgarden
Need advice on 48 refrigerator remodeling my kitchen
What 48 refrigerator built in looks and performs best...
mercedes316
Plaster mottling???
It's been 13 days since we had the pool replastered....
lisadlu
Forty year facelift: OKC pool renovation
Hi everyone! I've been chronicling our pool renovation...
MiaOKC
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™