Home is on the Market Officially Now
Finally got my home listed and on the market! My Realtor has had quite a bit of time to prepare and get people over. He had three weeks prep time while we were gone. He also had a sign up before we listed it for 2 weeks. Friday we listed the home on MLS with no showings until today. I would have thought with all having all that time that someone would have called by now. There were two open houses yesterday in my neighborhood by the same Realty company. One of the homes is within visual distance from my home and my signs were up for them to see them. This home is listed roughly 100k less than my home but it is a lot smaller and has a smaller lot and has never been updated so it still has that 70's look to it. However, the second home in the neighborhood is listed $39K over mine. Since today was the first day for showings, I had expected at least one client to come through it. And here it is 8:00 pm and no calls from my Realtor to ask for showings for tomorrow. I am already bummed that noone has come through yet. My home is spotless and noone is coming to see it!
My home is on the MLS and apparently alot of the other online home sites like zillow and Trulia have already picked it up. (I suspect that the Realtor didn't have to list them there, they automatically get listed, but I am not sure about that) I checked out Craigslist and there is no posting so I made one up and sent it to my Realtor to post it after they asked me for a phone number. I know it should be his job but I am impatient! I don't want to be sitting around for months waiting for a buyer. Not sure how much it helps but the more exposure I get the better. I sure hope he doesn't get pissed I did his job for him!
Today at work my husband emailed some people he knows at work and told them he would give them a finders fee of 1K if they found someone to come through and buy our home, but they should contact our Realtor directly for him to show the home. They know it is a solar powered home so it might help sell it to some of the techies there.
The Realtor (Re MAX agent) said he would hold a brokers open in a few weeks. I suppose he wants to see if someon buys it before he has to lay out money for food. I may ask him to move it to next week if I see NO buyers through here this week.
I am having second thoughts now from hiring an Independent Contractor. Maybe I would have more showings with a company person. What do you think?
So how long is too long to wait for a buyer?? It seems like too many homes are on the market here already.