Pool Buying Newbie in Houston Needing Recommendations

firstpool4meNovember 23, 2010

New to TX and buidling a new home in Spring. I have just started the bid process and have Houston Pool Design & Platinum Pools lined up thus far, since some others didn't want to talk to me when I told them I wasn't looking to spend 40k. I'm on a pretty tight budget but am not requiring too much. Just needing a small pool without any crazy bell and whistles, more so looking for some aesthetics and somewhere to swim when the Houston temp hits 3 digits....but obviously looking for someone reputable who will get the job done headache free. Can anyone give insight on those two companies or give any recommendations on a builder that will do something for 25k?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
huskyridor

I'm curious,
What part of town are you?

See ya,
Kelly

Bookmark   November 26, 2010 at 7:09PM
firstpool4me

Kelly, we're building in Augusta Pines which is off of Kuykendahl. Any insight on those 2 companies? Or any suggestions on others that will build a simple, yet quality pool in that price range? Thanks!

Bookmark   November 26, 2010 at 7:20PM
travis_turner

Atlantis Pools...Kelly (Huskyridor) is a great guy and will build you an awesome pool. He built mine...

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Pool

Bookmark   November 28, 2010 at 10:36PM
firstpool4me

Thanks Travis. I'll give him a shout. If anyone has any other suggestions, insight or experience with Platinum Pools or Houston Pool Design...or Atlantis for that matter, please let me know. Thanks!

Bookmark   November 30, 2010 at 9:04PM
wayneertx

I live just off the west park tollway and FM1464. I am looking to break ground in the begining of Jan. I have looked at a few companies, Richards, Abear, Reflection Pools, and two others. I have narrowed it down to Richards and reflection; however, after reading the other forum I am leaning more towards Reflections Pools.
Does anyone know anything about these guys, I am open to change if recommended. budget 38k

Bookmark   December 6, 2010 at 9:46PM
aquascapes

Hi Wayne-
My name is Brett with Aquascapes Pools & Spas and would love an opportunity to meet with you to discuss your pool project, If you are interested give me a call at 281.351.1800

Bookmark   December 9, 2010 at 3:47PM
More Discussions
Please recommend a good pool builder in Southern California?
Hello, We have had a hard time finding a trust worthy...
dpautz
New Pool Build Conroe TX
We're very excited to get started on our new pool with...
kands
Looking for advice on indoor pool filter and pump
Hi, I've spent time reading over the archives, but...
gwgjr33
Pool builder search sugar land, tx
Hi guys! Were closing on our brand new home in sugar...
mtrade01
hot tub evaporation rate in cold
Ok, newbie here to pool and hot tub ownership. We have...
ladybugfruit
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™