Cabinet Bumpers

cstleddyApril 29, 2010

What type of door and drawer bumpers are the quietest? My doors and drawers slam.

1. Foam Rubber

2. Felt

3. Polyurethane? "dots"

Is there another? Or do you have any tips for making doors and drawers close more quietly (short of changing the hinge hardware).

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
morgne

I think the felt is the quietest but I use the dots myself. I feel like the felt gets gunky and the foam rubber is prone to... chipping? away over time. The dots clean easy and seem pretty good for noise. They also come in clear so they are less likely to be an eyesore.

Bookmark   April 29, 2010 at 10:22AM
scottdim

We have a dark chocolate stain on our cabs so we used matching felt pads. Works perfect! Protects the cabs and closes super quietly.

Bookmark   April 30, 2010 at 1:10PM
eks6426

I would add on soft-closers too. THey're easy to add on...just screw them on the top inside of the cabinets: http://wwhardware.com/catalog.cfm/ProductID/B971A9700

Another GW thread on this: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0602430815784.html

Bookmark   April 30, 2010 at 2:10PM
buehl

Soft-close for doors is easy and relatively inexpensive. However, soft-close for drawers is much more work and more expensive...you have to replace the drawer glides.

There is an alternative you could try, but others here have had mixed results...get those "hip" pushers to install on the back of the cabinet where the drawer box is.

Bookmark   April 30, 2010 at 2:45PM
More Discussions
Very cool island sink with retractable faucet
Has anyone seen this Sink by Blanco? It is made to...
Dietitian
Almost Finished - Stained cabinets/Green Granite
After almost a year, our simple "facelift"...
annac54
Is this what a mitered granite edge should look like?
We paid our granite fabricators for a mitered granite...
snookers1999
10 cm gap between cabinets and steel - help!
Hi all, Our kitchen designers have messed up their...
waytonc
Kraftmaid vs RTA (barkers, Scherrs)
My venture to update my kitchen keeps taking a back...
bichonlover
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™