Gound water seepage *after* dig. Problem?

banana_fannaNovember 1, 2010

During the deep end excavation, the hole was dry. The next day we noticed there's about a foot of water in the very bottom of the bowl - perhaps 2' in diameter, a foot deep and also in the long trench that I'm assuming is there for the main drain to be installed - also about a foot deep.

It hasn't risen at all today. Should we be concerned?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lbridges

My build had about 4' of water. Your PB will probably use a semi-trash pump and pull the water level down as needed for the build - really not a big deal.

Except if you are susceptible to groundwater I would make sure there is some sort of provision to pull down ground water after the pool is complete - that way if you ever have to drain for a repair the pool won't get damaged. In my area it's called by several different names: well point lines, deadman lines, etc.

I have two (just in case one plugs up) embedded in gravel under the deep end. They are capped off over by my fence line.

Bookmark   November 1, 2010 at 10:42PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
banana_fanna

4 feet. That would have been a nail biter for me for sure, but my nails are frequently bitten to the quick for one reason or another so no surprise there. :-)

I printed your response and will ask PB this morning about a provision for ground water. Hope it's not too late. Thanks.

Bookmark   November 2, 2010 at 10:44AM
More Discussions
Pool resurface question
I am having my pool resurfaced and the supplies were...
lbrandt5
Please recommend a good pool builder in Southern California?
Hello, We have had a hard time finding a trust worthy...
dpautz
Would you recommend Fibre Tech?
Anyone with Fibre Tech experience like to comment?...
shuffles_gw
Atlantis pool and spa (Magnolia Tx) anyone have any feedback?
Searching for a pool builder and looks like Atlantis...
makingbeacon
My pebble sheen finish is so uneven...
Our pebble sheen finish was completed on January 1st...
Susan Scearce
Sponsored Products
Ground Fault Wall Plate
Signature Hardware
Piza LED Exterior Path Light
Lightology
Piza LED Exterior Path Light
Lightology
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™