Please help! I need exterior decorating ideas!
I have a plea for all you experts here: my husband and I have been planning on building a home, but it looks like that won't happen for several years at this point. So, in the meantime, I'm hoping for some suggestions on how to make my house a little, well...less ugly.
My husband is a pastor and we live in a church-owned parsonage, so firstly, I need *cheap* ideas, since we're not going to see a return on any investment here! As you can see, I've placed some plants/flowers on the front porch, and that has helped, but it still looks so sad to me. Here are some ideas I had:
1. We will definitely be replacing the front door/storm door - not only are they ugly, they are both in bad shape...can't decide on color though.
2. Would shutters help the windows? What about a dark gray color?
3. I'm not fond of the brick color, but we can't paint it because, again, we don't own the home.
4. I would love to think of a way to hide the electric meter, but still make it accessible (is there a worse location they could have put that thing?!)
5. Not a fan of the wrought iron, but not sure what it would cost to replace, and whether or not replacing would help the appearance at all.
Thank you in advance for your help! We've lived here just over a year now, and are just now getting the interior where it should be. Now that it's Spring (and I'm pregnant) I feel compelled to fix up the exterior before baby arrives...again, we're not looking to spend a ton of money, but just want to boost the curb appeal a bit so we don't cringe every time we pull in the driveway...