Change subject line

dalehilemanNovember 2, 2010

Many times after attempting a second post to a thread have got this error message

"You already have a follow-up listed with the same subject. If you didn't see your message listed, you probably need to reload the page.

If you want to submit another follow-up to the same message, please change the subject line."

Which although it makes no sense to me I have always successfully addressed by changing its title and resubmitting. But last time I still got the same error message so was unable to post further to that thread. Is the title not the subject line

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
just-a-pb

I think the Forum is trying to tell you something.

Bookmark   November 2, 2010 at 8:18PM
thejimbar

I find the posts very entertaining. Wow.

Bookmark   November 2, 2010 at 8:58PM
zookeeper93

Dale
This is an older style forum which none of us has a way of altering its setup nor are there really any explanation pages. We just go with what is and don't get too carried away with they "why's" of the forum. It just is.
I too have had the same issue from time to time. It seems to happen if I am the last post on the thread and want to comment further in another post. So, while it is still under that same thread, I just change a word in the subject line. I keep the RE:

Bookmark   November 3, 2010 at 8:08AM
dalehileman

"It seems to happen if I am the last post on the thread and want to comment further in another post. "

Thank you Zoo for that hint, it's reassuring that I'm not the only victim of this glitch

Bookmark   November 3, 2010 at 11:51AM
More Discussions
Looking for Pool Builder recommendations in Pasadena, CA
We are starting to evaluate contractors but can't find...
julieleek
Diaphragm in Barracuda cleaners keeps getting torn
We have second home in FL with pool built in late 70s'==like...
loves2read
Need new pool filter help
I don' t mind spending the money for a good pool pump...
echooooo
Baffled by my pool- peeling skim coat?
Hi all! My in ground concrete pool is leaking... I...
sabine77
Concerns about quartzscape plaster on new build
Yea, our newly constructed pool was plastered with...
spicegal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™