What's the height of your utility (broom) cabinet?

NYMKApril 12, 2013

Can you please tell the height of the bottom portion of your utility/broom closet? Just the bottom part that holds your boom and mop. I realize the entire utility cabinet (top and bottom) can go as tall as all your cabinets. From most of the photos I've seen, they look to be at least 5 feet.

I'm not sure if my cabinet company makes a tall cabinet other than a pantry. My KD has been putting an utility cabinet in the drawings but there must have been some miscommunication because it looks like the bottom part of that cabinet only goes to 50" which is the same a pantry (with rollouts).. and is not tall enough for a broom. UGH!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sloane529

My broom closet is 2' wide, 3' deep and 6' tall and perfect for everything we need in it, including brooms, mop, vacuum, stepladder and dog food bin:

Bookmark   April 12, 2013 at 9:42AM
GreenDesigns

Most cabinet lines have short utiliity cabinets. Masterbrand is the only line that I know of that has actually full sized broom usable utility cabinets.

Bookmark   April 12, 2013 at 10:25AM
NYMK

The company I am using (Ultracraft) can make it if I can provide the dimensions. So if anyone has one and can give me the height of the lower cabinet, I would be very grateful.

Also, I know that Thomasville at HD has a utility organization cabinet (broom closet). And I believe Martha Stewart has one also.

Bookmark   April 12, 2013 at 2:06PM
More Discussions
Review our Kitchen Remodel
We are starting our first kitchen remodel and I wanted...
miraspasov
My Kitchen Renovation Using Scherr's RTA Cabinets Begins
We start demolition on Monday. We have been actively...
homechef59
Nobody does drop-in sink on stone countertop? Really?
I know... undermount is more popular these days --...
mudworm
Can anybody plz recommend a custom cabinetmaker in South Denver area?
Hello! This is my first time posting; I'm in the first...
ponderosafarm
Kraus brand faucet/sink?
Does anyone have experience with this brand? There...
CTN30
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™