How soon can you swim in you pool after plaster?

PoolMD123November 2, 2012

How soon can you swim in you pool after plaster? I know you need to fill it, brush it, chemical start up but when can you actually get in and swim? thinking about waiting to plaster until the Spring and we don't want to waste a lot of good weather and not be able to swim. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suswelch

It depends on which plaster you choose and how your PB finishes the application. Brush or acid wash?

Bookmark   November 2, 2012 at 4:35PM
bpricedo

Once you get chemicals balanced and the plaster dust has been brushed/vacuumed away is what I was told.

Bookmark   November 3, 2012 at 9:29AM
paradigmdawg

I swam the second the water was to the "full line". It was about 6:00 am and even though I had calculated when the pool should finish filling and set my alarm, I still woke up every hour that night and went outside and checked it. I dang near had a tear in my eye as I pulled the hose out of the pool. I really had no intention of jumping in, it just happened. I splashed around like an idiot laughing the entire time. My wife finally came out and told me to get out of the pool and be quite.

We had to wait for 7 days before we added chemicals and I am not sure if I should have swam during that week but I did and I am still alive. My wife waited out that 7 day period.

Bookmark   November 8, 2012 at 10:25AM
More Discussions
Baffled by my pool- peeling skim coat?
Hi all! My in ground concrete pool is leaking... I...
sabine77
Is it safe to build a vinyl inground with pyrite in the soil?
I have been trying to find information about excavating...
jo229
Inground pool contractor recommendations NJ
Looking for inground pool contractors for Tuckerton,...
leh3
Pool Filter Question
Should my pool filter run 24/7 or less than that? I...
JeremyLin
Spa motor capacitor
My spa is wired for 220v. The pump motor is rated for...
pugmark
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™