Love/Hate Thread

teachereNovember 12, 2011

We are beginning our pool installation next week and I'm hoping that I love everything about it. Our plans are for a 18' x 34' free form, salt water system, cc 420 pentair, vac system, 1 light, intelliflo pentair pump, master temp heater, auto fill, 18" stacked rock raised wall and 36" decent fall, grey plaster, a large baja ledge with umbrella, flat colored concrete coping and stamped concrete w/antique stain for deck area. Sound okay? I'm starting to question my decisions and was wondering if any of the members on this board have any strong feelings about their completed pools.

Is there anything that you love/hate about your pool? Would you do anything differently somewhere? Are there some things that you would absolutely recommend?

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trhought

teachere....Congrats...looks like a good start.

After having a pool for over 5 years...the features we appreciate most are the ones that make maintenance easier...you already have one of these...the salt water system which will ease the chore of regular chlorine additions. The other features we like for maitenance reasons are the floor cleaning system and the negative edge which acts as a large skimmer.

Depending on the use of your pool, some fun features we added that still provide endless family enjoyment, in no particular order...bubblers in the beach, jumping jets shooting into the pool, 6 foot waterfall to jump from, fog, basketball hoop, volleyball net and a rather large waterslide ~70 ft. long.

We also take for granted the pool automation system, which allows all these pool features to be enjoyed via a handheld remote control.

You mentioned stamped concrete which we also have...one feature that gets a lot of attention are the the animal footprints that were stamped into the decking (racoon tracks, bird tracks and tiger paws).

Hope this helps.

Bookmark   November 12, 2011 at 5:23PM
poolguynj

Tiger paws? I don't remember seeing those in the pix.

Scott

Bookmark   November 12, 2011 at 8:06PM
trhought

Scott...Thanks...there in picture #8 going behind the waterfalls in the link below...living in Louisiana...gotta have the Tiger Paws...Go LSU!

Here is a link that might be useful: Tracks from Mike the Tiger

Bookmark   November 12, 2011 at 9:38PM
More Discussions
Regular Pool Cover or Automatic Cover?
Although our pool project is getting pricier every...
southernmum
Forty year facelift: OKC pool renovation
Hi everyone! I've been chronicling our pool renovation...
MiaOKC
Need advice on 48 refrigerator remodeling my kitchen
What 48 refrigerator built in looks and performs best...
mercedes316
Please recommend a good pool builder in Southern California?
Hello, We have had a hard time finding a trust worthy...
dpautz
Almost there, infinity edge
Waiting on plaster and landscaping. Almost there......
poolmd
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™