can someone please help me find my mind

hallngardenMay 29, 2011

Hi quilters, haven't posted on this site in a while. In my old age thought it was time to put the quilting away. Have made quilts for years for all of my family. Things change, I have a three year old granddaughter that wants a quilt. Not sure if I can describe what I am looking for, so please bear with me. I have made several quilts using a very easy technique. I cut all my squares the same size, and would stitch them in some manner that after I folded and would sew, there would be a square in the center. All I can remember is folding the squares and sewing and then when i opened , magic, there was a square in the middle. For some reason I think it may have been an Eleanor Burns technique. I just can't figure out how I made these quilts. Thanking you in advance if you can help me figure out how I made these simple quilts.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hallngarden

Think I may be thinking of the bow tie block. Just not sure.

Bookmark   May 29, 2011 at 9:36PM
grammyp

Is this the one?

Here is a link that might be useful: 10 minute quilt block

Bookmark   May 29, 2011 at 10:48PM
hallngarden

Grammyp, thank you so much. That's what I was looking for. The older I get the slower my brain gets somedays. But when that little three year old looks into my eyes, and ask , grandmama can we make a quilt, You know I am going to pull out my quilting supplies and start working. Thanks for your help.

Bookmark   May 29, 2011 at 11:20PM
tinyteena

What a fabulous fast and easy pattern to use and it makes such a variety of quilt blocks! Thanks for sharing Grammyp.

tinyteena

Bookmark   May 30, 2011 at 2:41AM
hallngarden

Grammyp, not only did you answer my question about the quilt pattern, the video had a great option of curving the middle to the inside. I was so excited after seeing the video, three year old and I went to the cloth store early this morning to select materials. We have already started. Years ago I made them and just left the middle part straight, but I love the curved look. Saw another video and it was showing how you could add another block in the center and make a faux cathedral block. What I plan to do is make this quilt with the colors we selected, and on the next one using her clothes that she has outgrown for the quilting materials. Made a quilt years ago for her mother using her clothes when she was small. I plead old age when it comes to posting pictures, So very thankful for your help in finding the pattern and so helpful watching the video. So after all these years, thinking I was over quilting, starting again right where I left off.

Bookmark   May 30, 2011 at 1:26PM
grammyp

You are so welcome. I love that little block. You can make "cathedral windows" or "bow ties" or just a scrappy block. and it is so easy. Jennifer showed it to me at the retreat one year.

Here is a picture of one from another forum.

beverly

Here is a link that might be useful: Pic of 10 min block

Bookmark   May 31, 2011 at 9:36AM
More Discussions
Quilting ideas please
The sailboat quilt will be put in the frame this evening....
grammyp
Official Retreat Sign-up
Thought I would start a separate sign-up thread for...
grammyp
Are you quilting this weekend? March 20-22
I hope to spend a lot of time in my sewing room this...
lindaoh_gw
10th Annual Quilt Retreat 2015
Hi Folks! We are beginning the process of planning...
jennifer_in_va
Sewing Cabinet opening size
I have a new Babylock Crescendo sewing machine (equivalent...
kimwebs
Sponsored Products
MLFL14LED50-Demo MaxLite LED MaxLED Flood Light, 14 Watts Bronze
EnvironmentalLights.com
Teak Waste Basket with Swing-top Lid
Signature Hardware
Slim Profile 35-lb. Patio Umbrella Base
$139.50 | FRONTGATE
Magic Garden Potty Chair
Classic Hostess
Mirabella Ornate Casted Silver Shade Strass Crystal Sconce
$358.20 | Bellacor
Camfora 3 Piece Outdoor Patio Sectional Set in Espresso Red
$799.00 | LexMod
AICO Furniture - Oppulente Wood Trim Channel Back Sofa -...
Great Furniture Deal
Tech Lighting | Elton Double Head
$223.20 | YLighting
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™