My New Pool

sf-napaNovember 8, 2010

30x12

6x8 spa

5.5 feet deep

Finish is StoneScapes Regular Pebble - Tahoe Blue

Automatic cover

Just filled last week. Is it correct that we have to wait a couple weeks before we heat up the spa in order for the plaster set?

I love the color but am worried it will lighten up. Does this typically happen?

Should I leave the cover open during hard rains? PB said something about an additional pump coming I think for this purpose but I'm not sure.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
just-a-pb

First I would always follow the PB's instructions. If there is a problem you dont want to be the cause.

Second, there is much debate about the heating thing. We pebble pools on 110 degree days, and with the sun shining on the surface it is probably hotter then that, so will water heated to 100-104 hurt that, probably not.

Generally the colors get a little darker, then lighter with hydration.

You will get a cover pump with your cover. You can not move the cover with water on top of it, so it has to be pumped off. You can leave it open during a hard rain, but you will probably get a lot of debries in the pool from all of those trees. You want to be very careful if you do leave it open during a rain storm, as the first fold in the cover can catch a lot of water, so when you try to move it it is too heavy, and will tear the cover, or break the rope, or damage something. So generally best to keep it shut, and pump it off.
Talk to your PB about these things as well.

Bookmark   November 8, 2010 at 7:54PM
More Discussions
Obsessing over pool finishes
Hello all, I am looking for any and all advice on pool...
megankheaps
Small 3/4' mosaic waterline tile - mistake?
Hello, We're getting ready to sign our contract, and...
oakrunfarm
Owner Builder Process - Full Backyard - San Diego
After years of research, we finally pulled the trigger...
David Peace
I will answer pool plaster questions
For 23 years I was in the swimming pool plaster industry...
poolplasterexpert
Would you recommend Fibre Tech?
Anyone with Fibre Tech experience like to comment?...
shuffles_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™