Another cottage bedroom question

Sueb20May 16, 2012

When we first renovated our beach cottage, I wanted this "pretty and serene" look in the master bedroom, and I used a solid light blue quilt with the blue Matine (toile) bedskirt from Pottery Barn. Nice, but it just hasn't been thrilling me. I had the Company C quilt at home, so I brought that down to the beach house and I'm much happier. But I need a new bedskirt, would prefer to get something other than plain white, so am wondering if you all have seen anything interesting that would work with this quilt? Maybe a ticking stripe in aqua/white? Probably unlikely... Anything else, though? I also need pillow shams/cases but hoping I might stumble upon something at Home Goods or Marshalls. The backdrop is pretty neutral. Furniture is painted white and the walls are Edgecomb Gray with Healing Aloe ceilings.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
francypants

When I think of ticking stripes, my mind goes to Country Curtains. They didn't have your aqua but did have a nice green. They also have a white on white seersucker.

Here is a link that might be useful: ticking

Bookmark   May 16, 2012 at 2:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sueb20

francy, thanks! The only thing I don't like about the ticking stripe is that it's on a natural background, and the white in the quilt is definitely White. And my bed and nightstands are also white, so I think an off-white bedskirt is not going to work.

The seersucker is kinda cute, though, as is the hemstitch white one.

Bookmark   May 16, 2012 at 2:54PM
More Discussions
Would love your input on refreshing this exterior!
Hi all, I have some ideas, but I'm not in love with...
Kristin Jennings
Where to buy discounted upholstery fabric?
Recently purchased an upholstered accent chair from...
kaisermust
House of Cards - Table Lamps
Not wanting to hijack Ann's thread (Perception), I'm...
maddielee
My anniversary gift
Got a new piece of furniture the other day. Well sort...
the_foxes_pad
Appliances in. Please help me pick lights.
(It’s me. I've wanted to change my name for a while...
misformink
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™