Leaf Gulper question + cover update

busboyNovember 25, 2010

I have a leaf gulper cleaner, the type you hook up to a water hose. The net retaining ring around the base has been damaged and needs replacement. I will probably just replace the whole unit since it's about $20-25 online, but it just needs the ring. Can't find just the ring (probably because it would cost $20-25) Any suggestions?

Pool cover update.. I ordered a Loop Loc 20X40 Grecian with a step cover. After measuring, it turns out I can use a stock cover instead of special order which saves about $500. They matched best price so cover came to $1484 with Poolandspa.com

Dave

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poolguynj

Did you get the cover yet?

Scott

Bookmark   December 9, 2010 at 5:59PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
busboy

Yes the cover is installed by yours truly. For those of you who are considering a DIY on a cover a few points. It is not rocket science but it will go easier if you check the various installation videos. It will go easier if you have 2 people at least for the intial layout of the cover and marking the first holes for anchors. IMPORTANT point..Invest in a powerful hammer drill and several concrete bits. I started with a 31/2 amp 1/2 inch drill and was getting nowhere. I bought a 10 amp DeWalt with several bits and cut the drilling time by 90%. I consider the drill part of the installation price. I'll be glad to share the rest with anybody considering a DIY install.
Oh and the Leaf Gulper..Just got a whole new one.

Bookmark   December 10, 2010 at 9:38AM
More Discussions
Concerns about quartzscape plaster on new build
Yea, our newly constructed pool was plastered with...
spicegal
Pool Filter Question
Should my pool filter run 24/7 or less than that? I...
JeremyLin
What pump are you using?
We have a 30,000 gal gunite in ground pool with a small...
lindamarie
Looking for Pool Builder recommendations in Pasadena, CA
We are starting to evaluate contractors but can't find...
julieleek
pool filter leak; newbies buying the house
We have a contract on a house with a pool. The pool...
defgarden
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™