50th anniv. quilt idea

monicatxMay 29, 2011

Hi, A few years ago a dear friend and her hubby celebrated their 50th. She is a quilter and all their family came for a party. She came up with the idea of taking 10 x 10 muslin, backing it with freezer paper and having every family member put their hand print in black fabric paint on a square. Each then signed their name in paint. She had each list their favorite color.

Time passed and she just finished making the quilt. Sorry but I do not have a photo nor would I ask for one. She bordered each square with that persons favorite color added a black a, b, c, print background to mount each square and finished the quilt. It is lovely. A sad note, an 18 year old grandson died suddenly 2 years ago. His Mom has asked to inherit the quilt when the time comes. I have to admit that I teared up when I saw it last week.

What a great memory, tho. And it was inexpensive and easy to do with all the hassle of a big party.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jennifer_in_va

That's a great idea for those looking for family/reunion quilt projects. Sounds like it'd be lovely with the black/white theme pulling it all together.

Thanks for sharing.

Bookmark   May 30, 2011 at 10:44AM
More Discussions
Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 20-22
I have been cross-stitching a birdhouse bookmark for...
quiltingfox
My Mom's cross-stitch bookmark
I took a brief break from quilting the last 2 weeks...
quiltingfox
2015 March Block Lotto
Welcome to the March Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
toolgranny
Freddie Fox
I've been working on various works in progress, sandwiching...
littlehelen_gw
Q.O.T.D.: What does your sewing room look like?
Question of the Day: What does your sewing room look...
quiltingfox
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™