Pool Plaster Questions (Photo Included)

MyFirstPoolOctober 7, 2012

I put in a pool about 6 months ago and for some odd reason I expected the plaster to look better. I went with a quartz finished white plaster and expected it to look a bit different. The plaster has light and dark spots everywhere and has some areas where it is blotchy. My PB tells me to "give it time" and the "true" brightness will come out.. I tried to take some pictures, but did not show up really good.. Any thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poolguynj

There are a 1000 things that can make plasters do this. They include water used, chemistry, mix times, brand of mix used, and so on. To expect a plaster finish, even a quartz laden mix, to look like a painted wall is not a reasonable expectation. Because of this, it isn't likely to be defective though.

Scott

Bookmark   October 8, 2012 at 8:13AM
bpricedo

As it wears, more aggregate will be exposed and the color will likely even out. Here's mine if it makes you feel any better:

To me it looks beautiful!

PS Sorry for the piece of trash in the pool that I didn't take out and instead took a picture of it for everyone to see.

Bookmark   October 9, 2012 at 7:42PM
womanowned

Try an acid bath for a couple of days. Turn off your equipment and let the acid help expose the aggregate and help smooth out the finish. Brush, brush, brush!

Bookmark   October 14, 2012 at 2:28PM
More Discussions
Need advice on 48 refrigerator remodeling my kitchen
What 48 refrigerator built in looks and performs best...
mercedes316
Looking for advice on indoor pool filter and pump
Hi, I've spent time reading over the archives, but...
gwgjr33
Basement pool - How to prepare the room?
With some slight modifications to my garage (dropping...
Alex House
pool filter leak; newbies buying the house
We have a contract on a house with a pool. The pool...
defgarden
Is it safe to build a vinyl inground with pyrite in the soil?
I have been trying to find information about excavating...
jo229
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™