Finished some things!!

jennifer_in_vaMay 23, 2012

Last weekend I was working on a red-white-blue quilt for a wedding present for July. I got the borders on it earlier this week and it now awaits a trip to Joann's for backing!! Check that off the list (for now) PIC to come when quilted.

I have been wanting to try a little crafty/quilty project for a while (had to get other things done first) and finally was able to spend a few weeknights on that and got one done! (now I only need to do 20 more for retreaters!) PIC not to come lol...they're for Retreat!!

Now I get to start on the new purse design that has been waiting in line! I got jelly strips sorted last night... Need to get 7 more yellow batik strips then I can go to town!!!

It's so refreshing to be able to start something new! You all should try it occassionally!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
K8Orlando

LOL - my problem is that I start TOO many new things at once.

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 3:09PM
msmeow

Yay, Jennifer! :) I do that sometimes...I get tired of working on long-term projects, and get tired of working on scrap projects. Sometimes I just want to cut into a big piece of fabric and start something from scratch!

Donna

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 3:09PM
tuppermom

I was just getting some UFO's done and my sister gave me a new project to work on. She works at a family shelter and asked me to make her a queen size quilt for a fundraiser. I have a few commitments to complete then will start the quilt for her.

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 6:02PM
grammyp

It feels great to finish up things, and even better to start something new. Especially if you have really been wanting to get started on it. Don't forget pictures!

beverly

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 6:22PM
polardreams

Good for you Jennifer! Are you sure you don't want to preview the goodies for the retreat???

I have my idea in mind and need to get started on mine, too.
Sue

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 8:49PM
jennifer_in_va

Ha ha, Sue... Nope. You'll have to wait until October!

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 9:26PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Jennifer, As fast as you work, your r/w/b quilt will be done before you know it. I like to start a new project in the midst of working on UFO's. I give myself permission to do it, so that makes it ok. @:) How about you show the Geezer what the retreat project is? You know he loves Amanda.

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 10:09PM
magothyrivergirl

Great way to channel your energies when you are feeling stressed :~). You are so very productive and creative!

How about a sneak peak???? Maybe just one element of the crafty Retreat item~~~just to tease us more.......

Bookmark   May 24, 2012 at 8:29AM
lafonda_ranch

I love that you are getting things done, but such a tease!! Pics, please???? I'm especially interested in the red and white quilt. I think that will be next on my list.

Robbi

Bookmark   May 24, 2012 at 8:52AM
mcpeg

I think she likes to torment us.

I'm still finishing a little lap/baby quilt with the butterflies and have several more different lap sized quilts to work on.

Hopefully she won't keep us waiting forever - we'll just have to keep bugger her! LOL!

Cheers,
Peggy

Bookmark   May 26, 2012 at 6:39PM
More Discussions
2015 Lotto Blocks
Finished Feb. Lotto block and want to get started on...
ibquiltn4fun
Fun idea, but need help.
I am an occasional, novice, quilter and am making a...
beteacher
My 2015 Granny Square Quilt Blocks
Here are some of the different blocks I have been hand-piecing...
quiltingfox
What should I do with these?
I picked up this jelly roll of Kaffe Fassett fabrics...
Fran Sajewicz
Q.O.T.D.: What does your sewing room look like?
Question of the Day: What does your sewing room look...
quiltingfox
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™