Pool coping?? Please advise

balkathyOctober 12, 2010

So it's time to pick the pool coping. PB suggest bullnose coping. Just not sure about all the pavers around an 18 by 36 rectangle pool. Our decking will be Inca riviera, so we are looking for a coping to compliment. Looked at limestone because we like the bigger pieces but are concerned with corosion (pool is salt system), staining, and flaking. Looked at Blue stone but concerned with temperature on feet and it really doesn't compliment the Inca riviera decking. It looks the same, no contrast at all. We live in MA so weather impacts need to be considered. Is bullnose really the best way to go? Any advise or pics would be appreciated. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
michelle16

Look in the techo bloc book, i have inca baha beige and went with the inca bullnose only because i have a lagoon shape, however they have some nice coping that look great on a rectangle pool, I believe it's called portofino, it's new, there are like two or three diff. ones that look great with your shape pool, i think it would look alot shrper to the eye than alot of small pices the coping is larger, hope that helps, michelle

Bookmark   October 13, 2010 at 9:31AM
balkathy

Thanks Michelle. I just looked online and like it very much. Do you happen to have a salt system? and if so has their been any discoloration or fading with the inca?

Bookmark   October 13, 2010 at 3:54PM
michelle16

I dont have a salt system, if you want to see pictures of the inca mine are on page 13 under new pool pictures(michelle16) double click to see it large, there is an up close one of pavers and coping, michelle

Bookmark   October 14, 2010 at 9:48AM
More Discussions
What pump are you using?
We have a 30,000 gal gunite in ground pool with a small...
lindamarie
Inground pool contractor recommendations NJ
Looking for inground pool contractors for Tuckerton,...
leh3
Pool heater shutting off after 90 degrees F.
Hello! I have a pentair minimax 200M for my pool spa/combo....
tcornell05
Plaster mottling???
It's been 13 days since we had the pool replastered....
lisadlu
Automatic Pool Covers for Inground Swimming Pool
We are looking to purchase an automatic pool cover....
christyinco
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™