My FSBO Marketing Plan...please critique
Here's what I've got laid out so far, for our house, which will be ready to go on the market 4/28. Your input/feedback is welcome.
1. Take professional photos (have a friend with a good camera and good eye)
2. Create great website ($10 to buy address domain for a year on godaddy.com, free website creation on weebly.com)
3. Buy professional sign ($86 for sign, stake, and brochure box from buildasign.com)
4. Buy listing on realtor.com (still researching options, cost ~$200). There's no flat-fee MLS option in my area.
5. Have home appraised *for selling price purposes*. Will contact appraiser who did our refi appraisal 3 years ago, ask for discount because they won't have to remeasure everything, just do market/comp analysis.
6. Create great brochure, leave B&W copies in outside box, color copies inside.
7. List on CL, with pics and link to website
8. List on Zillow, with pics and link to website
9. List on other free sites (any suggestions?)
Create Constant Contact email and send to all area realtors on 4/29 (got 700+ email addresses off association website-took ~3 hours of typing), linking to website, offering 3% commission, and inviting to broker's open.
Host brokers' open on Friday 5/4, 11-1, with lunch served.
BTW, for realtor access purposes, we're thinking of putting a keypad entry lock on the front door and changing the combination daily (or per showing). I work out of town during the week, so will ask a retired friend who lives nearby if she'll go to house in advance of showings, turn on lights and make sure everything's in place.