Pool plaster - advice???

friendswoodnewbieOctober 8, 2010

This forum is great when you are looking for advice on building a new pool as we are. We really appreciate all the knowledge that people share in here.

We are looking at using Wet Edge or Stonescapes for the plaster but I have seen many people talking well about the PebbleSheen. Does anybody know if these are equivalent? Any pros and cons that you can share? We would like a surface that is not too rough on the feet of our kids.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marta_p

Hi, while I am by no means an expert, I have been researching a lot too and believe that wet edge is a company that was started by former pebble tec employees. they do warranty their finish for a long time (maybe lifetime?). I don't recall reading anything about texture so I can't help you there. The wet edge pricing seems to be comparable to pebble sheen (as opposed to the tec which is less expensive) so that may be a clue. Good luck!

Bookmark   October 9, 2010 at 10:41AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lookingforapool

I finished my pool in June and we chose to use WetEdge. (Pearl Matrix) We love it and don't have any regrets. Our 6 year old daughter has not had one scratch.

I'm located in League City, so if you would like to stop by and feel/see what it looks like feel free!

Bookmark   October 11, 2010 at 11:04PM
More Discussions
Looking for advice on indoor pool filter and pump
Hi, I've spent time reading over the archives, but...
gwgjr33
Cleaning pool filter
Does your pool filter look like this after it's been...
bossyvossy
hot tub evaporation rate in cold
Ok, newbie here to pool and hot tub ownership. We have...
ladybugfruit
Diaphragm in Barracuda cleaners keeps getting torn
We have second home in FL with pool built in late 70s'==like...
loves2read
Inground pool contractor recommendations NJ
Looking for inground pool contractors for Tuckerton,...
leh3
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™