Quilter needs advice

calverttxMay 30, 2012

http://www.quiltingmadeeasy.com/

Quilt is ready for final quilting on border. I am using a tape on pattern from the above website.

The Quilt. I have not cut the backing or the batting, it is just pinned up. I would prefer to quilt on machine using the feed dog up. Is this okay? Should I cut the backing and batting before or after the quilting?

I am sitting here with it on the floor shaking my head saying HMMMMMM. All of you ladies are so smart and you always help so let me hear from you. I need all the different ways I might do this. Thanks so much. Nancy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
magothyrivergirl

I have used this product during a year long QAYG class when I first started quilting. The website has a very, very good tutorial; read it and follow the directions, especially for positioning the corners.
On a regular home sewing machine, sandwich the quilt (top-batting-backing) quilt the center as you normally would. Position the Borders Made Easy on the borders one side at a time, then stitch with the feed dogs up. Follow the lines. It is easy for stitching.....not so easy to remove the paper afterwards.
I suggest you trace the pattern on some paper and stitch on a practice sample sandwich just to get the feel and stitch length correct. Practice will help get you into the groove.

Make sure you have enough Borders Made Easy rolls. Once sewn and torn away, it is destroyed. You cannot re-use it.

Bookmark   May 30, 2012 at 2:47PM
calverttx

Hey mago, I did exactly as you instructed and it worked like a charm. Thank you so much for your help.

Bookmark   May 30, 2012 at 10:01PM
magothyrivergirl

You are very welcome! Glad it worked out. I would love to see a picture.

Bookmark   May 31, 2012 at 8:21AM
calverttx

I have no idea how to post a picture, sorry.

Bookmark   May 31, 2012 at 11:09AM
K8Orlando

Click here for Easy photo posting instructions.

Or click on the link below. (they both take you to a post on the Conversations page.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Easy Photo Posting Instructions

Bookmark   May 31, 2012 at 8:38PM
More Discussions
Wahoo and Thank You
Thank you so much to all that submitted blocks from...
ibquiltn4fun
Harvest Moon Quilt
This is my first attempt at adding a photo. I just...
Nancy Morris
Old/new names
So I (we) don't lose anyone, I think listing our forum...
jennifer_in_va
My 2015 Granny Square Quilt Blocks
Here are some of the different blocks I have been hand-piecing...
quiltingfox
Another feature found
So, I found another feature that I thought you a) might...
jennifer_in_va
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™