just a thank you

kiki_thinkingApril 10, 2010

we moved away 3 years ago,

sold our house (finally) 10 months ago

and have been looking for a home for almost 3 years

have spent the last 3 months waiting to close on a house

so although i haven't posted too much, i've been reading this forum and the old house forum a lot for 3 years -

we bought a house last week -

just wanted to say thank you for all the things i learned from you guys!

we were often despondent because our house had not sold, and constantly searching for something to make the house more attractive, the magic thing we could fix/improve/arrange, but in the end it was just a matter of waiting for the right buyer to come along (helped by some agressive marketing) anyway, someday your buyer will come (sung to a disney tune)

thanks!

k

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
larke

You are SO right! I just moved to a new place after selling my old one, one which when the realtor saw it, was expected to sit forever not because of anything I did to it, but because of its unique nature and age. Unique does not even describe how completely peculiar it was - at the time I thought it would be fun to live in it and had grandiose ideas about remodelling - and how no one would ever buy it again (age had caught up with and passed 'unique'). Well, one week after it went on the market (and after I had resigned myself to having to live there forever) the agent showed the place to a young couple with two toddlers, came back 30 mins later and gave me an offer I could not believe! They wanted the place (very much) for a very special type of business, and it apparently was perfect for that! Talk about luck, timing, and "all it takes is the right one"! It can happen, and for me (and Kiki here) it did, so don't give up!

Bookmark   April 10, 2010 at 4:58AM
addictedtoroses

Huh. May I ask what type of business your old house now holds? I'm curious (and nosy) do you have pictures of this "peculiar" home?

Bookmark   April 15, 2010 at 10:01AM
larke

A welder, his wife & 2 children. He is starting a new business with a friend. I have pix, but they either show just my 'normal' big front room, big kitchen, 2 beds plus bath, or the unfinished 1,300 sq' of ex-commercial space at the back that I orig. thought could be a gallery (or something else cool), but the expense to do it up plus heating costs was just more than I could deal with (I only paid the appropriate local mkt price for the 'house' part of it - the rest was kind of thrown in! However, with a husky to house, and the remains of a decades long marriage, I thought it was neat, but the location otherwise wasn't for me, so here I am in the new place.

Bookmark   April 15, 2010 at 2:49PM
More Discussions
What qualifies an offer as a "low ball"?
Hello! Im on the house hunting side of things now! I...
karin_2015
Pond Dye Dumped Into My Pond and Stream... Water Rights Question
I never posted once in seven years, and now I post...
ncrealestateguy
Real Estate Agent Fees
My nephew is selling his condo, the agent that is selling...
enjoyingspring
1031 Reverse question
We already purchased an investment property and are...
Patience Spina
Verbal offers suddenly surface
Too much drama. We put offer on house number one, house...
Randy Ritchie
Sponsored Products
Galo Rectangle Serving Platter
$90.00 | FRONTGATE
Darlee San Marcos Sofa - DL2018-9/109
Hayneedle
Andura Faux Leather Tufted Full-size Platform Bed
Overstock.com
Achim Buffalo Check Curtain Valance - BCVL14BW12
$14.99 | Hayneedle
Christopher Knight Home El Paso Acacia Wood Storage Hutch
Overstock.com