How To Make Vegetable Juice?

JeniferLee697April 14, 2014

I wanted to begin making my own Vegetable juice so I can drink it daily and not eat it, as I find this easier for myself personally.

Can someone please recommend a good juicer? Are there juicer suitable?

And can I please get some recommendations on what Vegetables can be mixed together to get a nice drinkable juice?

Thankyou:)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plumberry

I have a breville juicer which I'm happy with. I would suggest you go to a juicebar and try a few drinks to see which combinations you like. in my area, Whole Foods, offers some great combinations.
I use my vitamix (blender) everyday though to blend veggies and fruit for a morning smoothie. I usually include kale, spinach, chard, sometimes ginger, with all fruits - bananas are my favorite. the vitamix is much easier clean up.

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 9:41AM
feisty68

I had a Breville juicer that was great for juicing vegetables (lost in divorce).

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 11:52AM
raee_gw

From a nutritional standpoint, using something like a Vitamix or Nutribullet -- which turns the whole vegetable into a liquid -- is better than using a dedicated juicer. I have been using a Nutribullet.

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 1:21PM
Annie Deighnaugh

You might post this on the cooking forum...you'll probably get more responses there....

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 2:49PM
cparlf

nutri bullet all the way. Spinach / kale mix, with blackberries or strawberries, a banana, a tsp powdered peanut butter and crushed ice. A 1/4 tsp ground flax seed if I have it.

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 3:06PM
twinnee

I just have a question about Vitamix, since you brought up blenders. Do people really put whole fruit like oranges or grapefruit, etc in juicer/blenders like they show on QVC when they do the Vitamix sellathons? If so what about the white pithy stuff and the seeds? Also they sometimes put in whole peppers and the like. Are the seeds in these fruits and vegys just ground up beyond recognition and so you don't notice them? Does the white pithy part under the peel of citrus fruit give the resulting slurry a bitter taste? Just wondering.

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 5:03PM
More Discussions
Cabinet installation cost (not including cabinets themselves)
We are remodeling our kitchen (complete gut and changing...
schiari211
Large cove moulding?
I am looking for large cove moulding. I can't find...
brodyt
Countertops for butlers pantry
We have a wall in pantry that will need countertops...
aktillery9
Can you look at my kitchen layout and tell me what I'm missing?
Sorry I posted this once previously, but I wanted to...
happyallison
Need advice on how to remodel this corner of kitchen
Hi all Just purchased a home and does not have budget...
strikeraj
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™