Short Sale Question:

kdb_206March 4, 2013

My Husband & I are trying to buy a Short sale home that has been vacant for over year. We have been the only offer on the home. Due to the condition of the home, we made an offer less than the asking price.

The home has a lot of deferred maintenance including but not limited to leaky roof, mold and mildew, older electrical and plumbing, etc.

If a short sale property BPO - Broker Price Opinion comes back lower than our offer, is the bank required to reduce the price to the appraised price?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ncrealestateguy

A BPO is not an appraisal. It is a market valuation performed by a real estate agent. It is used as a general guide to give the banks a place to start. The lender may lower the price, but it is not mandatory.
If the bank has not even performed a BPO yet, then the short sale process has not even begun yet, as far as they are concerned.

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 6:46AM
linda117117

The bank is not required to do anything including accepting a short sale offer. Even if you offered the asking price, the bank can still decline your offer

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 8:42PM
brickeyee

"The bank is not required to do anything including accepting a short sale offer. Even if you offered the asking price, the bank can still decline your offer"

And they will GLADLY accept more than the house is worth.

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 2:06PM
More Discussions
Emotional rollercoaster of home selling
Lately, this process of having my condo up for sale...
Acco
what do you do with mail that comes for previous occupants?
I always get mail that is meant for previous occupants...
tlbean2004
Specific real estate agent required by divorce decree
Hi real estate agents, does anyone know if it is legal...
martine81684
Verbal offers suddenly surface
Too much drama. We put offer on house number one, house...
Randy Ritchie
Home Buyers Please Vote: Would you rather ...
1. A $2,000 kitchen appliance allowance or any stainless...
belfastbound
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™