hayward equipment

shorelinedesignOctober 12, 2011

It is time for me to finalize the pool equipment for our new pool. I had decided on everything but then my pb came to me and said that Hayward was giving him incentives to use all Hayward Products (which at least he was honest) but also by doing so they would extend the warranty to a 3 year warranty which he thought was excellent. Has anyone had any dealings with the following:

HAYWARD ECOSTAR VARIABLE SPEED PUMP 3HP

HAYWARD H SERIES GAS HEATERS

HEAT/COOL HEAT PUMPS HEAT PRO

AQUA PLUS 8 RELAY SALT and AUTOMATION

Thank you for any input you may have!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poolguynj

I am not a big Hayward fan.

Pentair, Jandy, and Hayward all offer extended warranties when a pump, filter, and other like branded gear is purchased. This isn't something new.

IMHO, Pentair/Sta-Rite is better engineered and less likely to fail over the long haul, not just through the warranty period.

Scott

Bookmark   October 12, 2011 at 11:27AM
ratflinger

Just put in a Hayward H series 400K btu heater. Works great! Heats a lot faster than the old Laars LX, but that was 10 years old. Can't comment on the other stuff.

Bookmark   October 14, 2011 at 9:34PM
bardahl

I don`t want to hijack a post, however, I just installed a Hayward H400 heater on our In ground pool, it is brand new, it will start and shut down, (I got it to run once and stay running) I checked the flow switch, thermostat etc. bypassed and jumper to test all controls, all that is good, I thought I`d check the gas pressure inlet and manifold, I am in the heating/ac trade and got out my manometer and measure the gas in and the manifold "wc, it states that inlet should be 4.5"- 9.5" wc, I have 6.0"wc (good), the manifold pressure states 2.0-2.8 " wc, I have 1.2" (Not Good), I tried adjusting the diaphragm and it did not move the ?
"wc at all either way, I move it slowly, I have done this on furnaces a few times in the field) it did not move it, I am thinking the valve is bad ?, thoughts ?

Bookmark   May 26, 2014 at 12:09PM
More Discussions
pool filter leak; newbies buying the house
We have a contract on a house with a pool. The pool...
defgarden
hot tub evaporation rate in cold
Ok, newbie here to pool and hot tub ownership. We have...
ladybugfruit
Pool builder search sugar land, tx
Hi guys! Were closing on our brand new home in sugar...
mtrade01
Looking for Pool Builder recommendations in Pasadena, CA
We are starting to evaluate contractors but can't find...
julieleek
Almost there, infinity edge
Waiting on plaster and landscaping. Almost there......
poolmd
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™