Final inspection/walkthrough

polieMarch 24, 2010

The Seller has fixed the (relatively minor) problems identified by our inspector. At the final inspection/walkthrough the day before or day of the closing, what do I look out for, just a visual inspection to make sure walls weren't gouged during the move-out or are there more extensive measures that are my responsibility?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cordovamom

You'll definitely do a visual inspection of walls and floors, roof, exterior, appliances etc. In addition, you may want to turn on light fixtures, turn on every faucet, turn on appliances to make sure they're all working,open the garage door, make sure you have the openers for the garage door and any and all codes for the security system, turn on heating and air conditioning, look in sheds and garages and attics to make sure the seller didn't leave you surprises that they should have taken with them.

Primarily you just want to make sure that the house is in the same condition or better then when you put in a contract.Definitely make sure that everything that was on the repair list has been completed to your satisfaction.

Bookmark   March 24, 2010 at 10:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
polie

Thank you, Cordovamon. Very helpful.

Bookmark   March 26, 2010 at 10:57PM
More Discussions
CO inspections...and other issues/questions
Son is buying a 1951 home. Inspector noticed the top...
cindywhitall
Getting house ready to sell and have door knob question.
My house is going on 11 yrs old. Everything is pretty...
padillasideas
trying to buy worried about appraisals
I looked at a house, liked it an made an offer. The...
neobuyer
Should we buy a home that was unoccupied for 6 years?
There is a cup-de-sac where a builder built 5 homes,...
coffeemama1
escrow account for a repair
We received an offer on our house! The house is priced...
karin_2009
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™