Help/Advice on All New Pool Equipment - Goldline & Intelliflo?
I think I have read every post on this forum and others relating to Goldline Control Systems and Intelliflo pumps in existence, but still have some questions. Any help will be most appreciated.
I have an existing in-ground pool in DFW area of Texas (built 1993) w/about 20k-23k gals. All of the equipment is pretty much dying at the same time from electronic controls to the heater, pump, etc. So, everything is being changed out. It has 2 skimmers w/one 2" return line, 2" main drain return line, 1.5" vac line, a spa w/5 or 6 jets that spills into the pool (12" drop?) and pebble tech surface. Since everything is dying I am planning on purchasing the following equipment, but would be very grateful for any advice/changes that I should be considering:
- Goldline PS8 Controls w/wireless/waterproof remote & receiver (already have)
- Intelliflo pump - 4x160 w/Intellicom2 to control it - hoping it will handle everything - various speeds for different functions? Slower for filtering & salt chlorination, faster for cleaner & spa, etc.
- Sand Filter instead of DE - there are logistical reasons for this as well as health reasons (don't want DE being backwashed into back yard - 5yr old sun stomping around & breathing some in during TX summer!) I'm not sure which filter to go with, but have been considering the following w/either silica sand or Zeobrite/lite:
- Sta-Rite System 3 S8S70 (3.4sf) ? or
- Hayward S244T - 3.14 ft.2 - 62 GPM - is there limitation w/1.5" pipes? OR
- Hayward Hayward S270T - 3.70 ft2 - 74 GPM ??
- Hayward H250 nat gas cupro nickle heater (already have)
- Polaris 3900 cleaner (already have) - plan to switch vac line to pressure
- T-15 salt chlorinator w/sensor/switch
- various Jandy neverlube valves & Goldline actuators
- plan to change out pool & spa lights to Colorlogic w/AQL Color MODHV to control them, unless someone tells me I don't need the MODHV?
I have a friend who is a professional pool installer going to do the install. I have spoken with tech support at both Hayward and Pentair about the pump, controls, ect. and am hopeful that this can be a very good solution for this pool. Any and all help, caution, advice will be most appreciated!