Laundry Room Paint Color

Kathy DevlinMay 24, 2012

Would love suggestions for a paint color to paint my laundry room which is just off my kitchen. I will be painting the kitchen BM Vale Mist and need a paint color that will complement this shade of green. Vale Mist is kind of light sage color.

Kathy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

Laundry rooms are fun spaces for me so I went wild with mine and painted it BM tropical dusk which I love, and I get lots of compliments on it. Looks great with the white appliances.

Bookmark   May 24, 2012 at 2:02PM
Sueb20

What color is the floor? Trim? Can you post a pic? Are there other accent colors in the kitchen? It's very hard to recommend a paint color within more info...

Bookmark   May 24, 2012 at 3:16PM
Kathy Devlin

The laundry room has a ceramic floor that looks like Travertine and the cabinets and trim will be painted BM White Dove.

Annie I love your tropical dusk color! I will keep that color on file for the future. Don't think it will work this time with the Vale Mist.

Sue, I will try and post a picture of the Vale Mist color when I paint my sample board.

Thanks!

Bookmark   May 24, 2012 at 10:16PM
susanlynn2012

I found a picture of tropical dusk on the walls in an apartment during a search since the color sounded pretty. It is very pretty. Thanks for future ideas for all of us.

I will look for a room painted Vale Mist to try to help you in my next post.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tropical Dusk in an apartment- I love the color.

Bookmark   May 24, 2012 at 10:45PM
susanlynn2012

BM Vale Mist painted wall on page 7 & 8 in this link looks like a grayish light green. Maybe a taupe color or a gray on the green side in the laundry room or another shade of greenish gray a little darker for the laundry room. Let me see if I can find the paint card strip that the MB Vale Mist is on.

Here is a link that might be useful: BM Vale Mist painted wall on page 7 & 8 in this link

Bookmark   May 24, 2012 at 10:52PM
susanlynn2012

BM Vale Mist similar color tones are show in the link below from this Benjamin Moore Website. They also show what colors it goes well with in the previous screen in this site.

Here is a link that might be useful: BM Vale Mist similar color tones & also they show what colors it goes well with in this site

Bookmark   May 24, 2012 at 10:56PM
susanlynn2012

BM Storm Cloud Gray is a darker grayish green in this thread by Momothree. Her other room next to this room is BM Vale Mist.

Here is a link that might be useful: BM Storm Cloud Gray is a darker grayish green in this thread bu MomOthree

Bookmark   May 24, 2012 at 11:04PM
susanlynn2012

Phoebes top ten light green paint colors lists BM Vale Mist & 9 other nice greens you may like.

Here is a link that might be useful: Phoebes top ten light green paint colors lists BM Vale Mist & 9 other nice greens you may like.

Bookmark   May 24, 2012 at 11:11PM
ratherbesewing

How about using your Vale Mist and a cream color in a wide (12" or bigger) horizontal stripe that wraps around the room? It's unexpected, but if the door is open, it's coordinated.Because it's a laundry room, I assume it's small and horizontal stripes really open up a room.

Bookmark   May 27, 2012 at 5:20PM
More Discussions
When do bronze window frames work well in the interior of a home?
I'm replacing single plane aluminum windows. My interior...
texasgal47
Need help picking out colors for my bedroom
Here is a picture of my very bare room. The vision...
jmdkc
can anyone school me on encaustic tile?
I've found a pic of this gorgeous bathroom tile but...
daisychain01
Check In here, Roll Call
Hello dear friends! Have you made it here ok? Let this...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
Am I looking for a soft buttery yellow or a soft buttery white?
I've the itch to paint my living area a soft yellow...something...
happyintexas
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™