Roll Roll Cotton Boll finished!
Okay, everyone, here it is (FINALLY)! This was Quiltville's 2010 mystery quilt. One of the steps was making 60 string blocks using neutral strips. I quickly discovered I HATE making string blocks so moved on to the next step. I finished all the steps up to assembling the top and put it away.
Many months later I decided to finish the top. I found out I still needed 30 more of those dang string blocks! Ugh. I started working on them and for some reason it wasn't as bad as the first time and they were done pretty quickly.
Then the completed top went back into the closet for a few more months till I decided it was time to quilt it.
I tried to take closeups of the quilting but the flash washed most of them out. Here is one of the pieced blocks: