Pool Covers with Water Feature

mboganOctober 22, 2010

Earlier this summer we had a very nice rock water fall added to our existing in-ground pool. After the pool company completed the water feature they took our solid pool cover (by Anchor Industries) to be adjusted.

They recently closed our pool and anf put the cover on. Basically the drilled 4 new anchors in to the water fall on all sides. Now the straps basically go halfway over the waterfall pulling the cover up about 1 foot from the pools edge. There is a gap about 8 inches exposing the pool directly in front. It doesnt seem to safe anymore, nor will it prevent debris from getting in top teh pool (ie. rain, snow, leaves, etc..)

Can anyone provide comments / pictures of their Solid Pool cover going around a water feature? How is this gap traditionally covered?

It doesnt seem correct and I just received a bill for $550 for the alterations.

Thanks

Matt

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
racket

IIRC the According to ASTM standards, you should not be able to push a 4" ball under the cover for it to be in compliance.

I am too lazy to look it up, but I guarantee you if you call whomever makes the cover, they will be able to quote the astm code verbatim.

Bookmark   October 23, 2010 at 12:00AM
More Discussions
Basement pool - How to prepare the room?
With some slight modifications to my garage (dropping...
Alex House
Inground pool contractor recommendations NJ
Looking for inground pool contractors for Tuckerton,...
leh3
Baffled by my pool- peeling skim coat?
Hi all! My in ground concrete pool is leaking... I...
sabine77
New Pool in Louisiana
Wanted to share a few pictures of our new pool. It...
trhought
Pool Filter Question
Should my pool filter run 24/7 or less than that? I...
JeremyLin
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™