LOTTO 2014 - June
Welcome to the LOTTO!
(NO, it's not about the money, just the colors!)
The lotto is open to all and new quilters are encouraged to participate. You will learn much and have fun doing it. Participate in as many or as few lottos as you want, but even if you don't like the current month's block think about doing at least one. It's good practice and the winner will appreciate your efforts! Typically, the winner receives enough blocks to complete a nice size quilt. It could be YOU!
Our inspiration for this month is MINERAL in the subtle tones of GRAY AND BEIGE. Think of the precious metal shades of gold, bronze, silver, pewter and copper - like a handful of coins. Quite a change from last month's vibrant colors, right? Time to chill it down for the hot summer months.
This is our inspiration picture for the June Lotto:
The block pattern we'll use can be found on Quilters Cache. The name of the block is PIECED BOX BLOCK (Click on the name to link directly to the pattern.)
This block may look more complicated than some we've done but it really is simply diagonals. Give it a try! Please note that the block is made using three different fabrics. I'll show you a couple samples in the following post.
Here are the details:
- Each month there will be a designated block or theme; you can send 1, 2 or 3 blocks.
- All blocks must measure 12.5inches x 12.5inches with no more than 1/4" variation.
- Please include name, mailing address, forum name and $1 to cover postage for the winning blocks (Any money left over at the end of the year will go towards prizes!)
- If possible, either attach your name to the back of each block or write your name in the seam allowance with a fabric pen so the winner knows who made the block. This is not a requirement, just a request.
- All blocks received by the last day of the month will be included in the lotto drawing, unless you request that your name not be entered. Some months you might want to participate, but don't really want to win the blocks. That's OK.
- You have 1, 2 or 3 chances to win, depending on how many blocks you've sent in.
Mail your block(s) to Valarie [littlehelen]. She will manage the collection of blocks and dispersal to the winner. If you need her mailing address, you may request it by sending her a message at littlehelen at comcast dot net.