Machine and Frame

DerleneMay 31, 2011

I'm looking into buying a mid-arm machine and frame and I would like to have some input on different machines and frames, I have been checking on the Voyager 17 and stretch frame but I would like some input before I buy, we have no dealers in this area for me to try so I'm at a loss on what to look for. Right now I have a Juki on a homemade frame and would like to upgrade to something easier to motivate. Thanks for any info you can give me before I make a decision.

Derlene in IN

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
linda33wi

Derlene,

I had the Juki on the Hinterberg stretch frame for a few years and upgraded to the Voyager about 5 yrs ago after a friend recommended it to me. I love the set up, I have had no problems with the machine at all. If I have any questions and call Hinterberg they are so helpful and will stay with you till your issue is resolved (my issues were operator error). I think it's a great machine at a very good price. I use both Essential(Connecting Threads) and Coats & Clarks thread with no problems, the C&C thread is a little more linty and I clean out the bobbin area with each bobbin change. I made the right choice for me, good luck with your decision.

Bookmark   May 31, 2011 at 1:39PM
msmeow

There is a Yahoo group called Home Quilting Systems. The members have all kinds of machine/frame combos. You can learn a lot about them from that group!

Donna

Bookmark   May 31, 2011 at 2:28PM
linda33wi

Oh, I forgot to mention there is a Yahoo group called HinterbergQuilters that you could join and get lots of info there, that's where I started and still go there from time to time.

Bookmark   May 31, 2011 at 3:40PM
More Discussions
New needle problem
So yesterday I was just sewing along on my Janome and...
grammyp
What should I do with these?
I picked up this jelly roll of Kaffe Fassett fabrics...
Fran Sajewicz
How about a QOTD ????
What is your bestest, most favorite, the "I never...
beth7happy
Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 13-15
My DD and I are going to post a quilt-along on my blog...
lindaoh_gw
MARCH 2015 Lotto Block
MARCH Friendship Star 12-1/2" - Black and white...
beth7happy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™