Machine and Frame

DerleneMay 31, 2011

I'm looking into buying a mid-arm machine and frame and I would like to have some input on different machines and frames, I have been checking on the Voyager 17 and stretch frame but I would like some input before I buy, we have no dealers in this area for me to try so I'm at a loss on what to look for. Right now I have a Juki on a homemade frame and would like to upgrade to something easier to motivate. Thanks for any info you can give me before I make a decision.

Derlene in IN

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
linda33wi

Derlene,

I had the Juki on the Hinterberg stretch frame for a few years and upgraded to the Voyager about 5 yrs ago after a friend recommended it to me. I love the set up, I have had no problems with the machine at all. If I have any questions and call Hinterberg they are so helpful and will stay with you till your issue is resolved (my issues were operator error). I think it's a great machine at a very good price. I use both Essential(Connecting Threads) and Coats & Clarks thread with no problems, the C&C thread is a little more linty and I clean out the bobbin area with each bobbin change. I made the right choice for me, good luck with your decision.

Bookmark   May 31, 2011 at 1:39PM
msmeow

There is a Yahoo group called Home Quilting Systems. The members have all kinds of machine/frame combos. You can learn a lot about them from that group!

Donna

Bookmark   May 31, 2011 at 2:28PM
linda33wi

Oh, I forgot to mention there is a Yahoo group called HinterbergQuilters that you could join and get lots of info there, that's where I started and still go there from time to time.

Bookmark   May 31, 2011 at 3:40PM
More Discussions
Do you have a favorite needle machine sewing batiks?
Hello. I'm beginning a project with batiks, machine...
mzstitch
The Zelda Quilt-Along
We launched Zelda: The Quilt-Along on my blog yesterday....
lindaoh_gw
First & Second completed quilted table runners I made...
This is the second one I made... I made this for my...
shihtzu4su
Questions about Camp Cheerio retreat
Okay, so I know this is a little early to be planning...
loisflan
Need advice on batting and a little help with Houzz
I have only made two quilts, both small ones, and have...
donna_loomis
Sponsored Products
George Kovacs 18 1/4" Wide Chrome LED Ceiling Light
Euro Style Lighting
Eliot Chair - Cordova Picante Orange
Joybird Furniture
White Leather-look/ Chrome Metal Magazine Rack
Overstock.com
Montmartre Rue Norvins
$359.00 | FRONTGATE
Camden Bed Multicolor - RN1256
$199.99 | Hayneedle