Open House Suggestions

raya7694March 25, 2010

We have our first open house Sunday. No showings in 3 weeks. Any suggestions for open house besides cleaning. I am hopeful someone shows up. It will be listed in the newspaper and with directional signs.

TIA!

http://www.cbhoa.com/listing.aspx?mls=2100716

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
revamp

You've got a very nice home. My only suggestion would be to take down all the family photos. As a prospective buyer, they would be distracting to me, if not a little unsettling/creepy.

I like to picture the house as mine already when I am considering buying, not see images of the family that already lives there. Weird, maybe, but I know I'm not alone.

Everything else looks good, decluttered, clean, and tastefully (and minimally) decorated.

Bookmark   March 25, 2010 at 9:31PM
marti8a

Are you living there now? I know decluttering is a good thing, but it seems a little bare which is perfectly understandable if you have already moved and just left some furniture and a few accessories there for showing.

Bookmark   March 26, 2010 at 12:22AM
booboo60

I would take that beautiful vase by the front door and put it on your bathroom countertop!! Maybe some fresh flowers for the dining room table and maybe a dish of green apples on the kitchen counter or lemons? Very nice home!!
Good Luck!

Bookmark   March 27, 2010 at 1:46AM
mauirealtor

obviously I am not in your area, so I cant comment about your home in specific. Many issues that I see with open houses (specially when held by owners) is that there is too much personalization. Sure, it may be great that you have a barbie collection of 1,200 dolls and they are housed in the guest room, but stage the home as others would want to see it. Try to maximize its assets (i.e. if you have a great deck, show it off), minimize the flaws (if there are no windows in the basement, make sure you have sufficient lighting so the lack of windows is not an issue), and help define the space (i.e. a small bedroom that could be perfect as an office would be more convincing if it was staged as such).

Here is a link that might be useful: Maui Home and Condo

Bookmark   March 29, 2010 at 5:38AM
More Discussions
escrow account for a repair
We received an offer on our house! The house is priced...
karin_2015
Being Sued for Home Sale
We had our home built in 2003.It was our dream home.Half...
camsgt
Home closing delayed or is it a wash-out?
Hello everyone, I am a new poster, but have enjoyed...
housesellerc
Home Buyers Please Vote: Would you rather ...
1. A $2,000 kitchen appliance allowance or any stainless...
belfastbound
Realtor company fee
Buyer agent told me there is $300 fee to realtor company....
net42k
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™