Hi All

amazingcmMay 30, 2011

It has been a while since I posted.. Life just gets in the way sometimes.. We are planning a vacation to Yellowstone.. Going through Kansas City , Rapid city, SD and Billings, MT.. Does any one know of a Wal-Mart that has a good selection of fabric.. Or good quilt stores...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paulah-gardener

Hi--I don't know of any quilt shops. But while visiting Billings I was so intriged with their history (we took the tour) They also have a LARGE used book store (organized by authors). I don't remember where I found it but I did come home with blue moose fabric. Have fun and let us know what you find. PaulA

Bookmark   June 3, 2011 at 8:57AM
polardreams

The quilters travel companion website may be useful for locating shops. I don't know if they are good ones or not, but it is an interesting site - some link to shop's website, others just an ad. Have a fun trip!
Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Quilters Travel Companion

Bookmark   June 3, 2011 at 9:38AM
lindaoh_gw

Grace, I have the Fiber & Fabric Mania travel guide and it lists quilt shops in all of the cities you are going through.
Email me if you would like more info.
Linda OH

Bookmark   June 4, 2011 at 10:55AM
mtnative

I just saw your question so joined the forum so I could answer. Billings has two WalMarts and both carry fabric. Although, for the most part both have similar fabrics. With in a mile from the West End Walmart there is also JoAnns, Hancocks, and Hobby Lobby. Within a couple of miles of that same Walmart are three Quilt Shops. And, there are another three Quilt shops in the city besides those! Please let me know if you would like further details.

Bookmark   June 5, 2011 at 12:18PM
More Discussions
What I LOVE about Houzz!
Now, I'll bet THAT comes as a surprise, right? From...
beth7happy
Another feature found
So, I found another feature that I thought you a) might...
jennifer_in_va
National Quilting Day March 21, 2015
The third Saturday of March is National Quilting Day...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
My 2015 Granny Square Quilt Blocks
Here are some of the different blocks I have been hand-piecing...
quiltingfox
Q.O.T.D.: What does your sewing room look like?
Question of the Day: What does your sewing room look...
quiltingfox
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™