Stone Information and Advice (& Checklists)

buehlApril 14, 2008

First off, I want to give a big thank-you to StoneGirl, Kevin, Joshua, Mimi, and others (past and current) on this forum who have given us many words of wisdom concerning stone countertops.

I've tried to compile everything I saved over the past 8 months that I've been on this Forum. Most of it was taken from a write-up by StoneGirl (Natural stone primer/granite 101); other threads and sources were used as well.

So...if the experts could review the information I've compiled below and send me comments (here or via email), I will talk to StarPooh about getting this on the FAQ.

Stone Information, Advice, and Checklists:

In an industry that has no set standards, there are many unscrupulous people trying to palm themselves off as fabricators. There are also a number of people with odd agendas trying to spread ill rumors about natural stone and propagate some very confusing and contradictory information. This is my small attempt at shedding a little light on the subject.

Slab Selection:

On the selection of the actual stone slabs - When you go to the slab yard to choose slabs for your kitchen, there are a few things you need to take note of:

• Surface finish: The finish - be it polished, honed, flamed antiqued, or brushed, should be even. There should be no spots that have obvious machine marks, scratches, or other man made marks. You can judge by the crystal and vein pattern of the stone if the marks you see are man-made or naturally occurring. It is true that not all minerals will finish evenly and if you look at an angle on a polished slab with a larger crystal pattern, you can clearly see this. Tropic Brown would be a good example here. The black spots will not polish near as shiny as the brown ones and this will be very obvious on an unresined slab when looking at an acute angle against the light. The black specks will show as duller marks. The slab will feel smooth and appear shiny if seen from above, though. This effect will not be as pronounced on a resined slab.

Bottom line when judging the quality of a surface finish: Look for unnatural appearing marks. If there are any on the face of the slab, it is not desirable. They might well be on the extreme edges, but this is normal and a result of the slab manufacturing process.

• Mesh backing: Some slabs have a mesh backing. This was done at the plant where the slabs were finished. This backing adds support to brittle materials or materials with excessive veining or fissures. A number of exotic stones will have this. This does not necessarily make the material one of inferior quality, though. Quite often, these slabs will require special care in fabrication and transport, so be prepared for the fabricator to charge accordingly. If you are unsure about the slabs, ask your fabricator what his opinion of the material is.

• Cracks and fissures: Yes - some slabs might have them. One could have quite the discussion on whether that line on the slab could be one or the...
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deedee-2008

What a wonderful and thorough summary, Buehl. Thanks for all your work on this for all of us. I've read alot about granite...I had no idea some granite can be dyed or stained and sold without the consumer being aware of this.

Bookmark   April 14, 2008 at 6:08AM
jb1176

This information needs to be saved somewhere on this site so it doesn't drop off and get lost. Thanks for the work, Buehl! Can the directors of this site do that?

jb

Bookmark   April 14, 2008 at 7:23AM
ccoombs1

What a wonderful thread!! I am in the process of selecting granite right now, so this thread could not have come at a better time. I am pasting this into a word document so I can keep it. thanks for putting this together!!

Bookmark   April 14, 2008 at 8:08AM
pamela928

Outstanding. Needs to be a FAQ ASAP!

The only tiny thing I might add is where you talk about taping off the drawer glides...I would add the "why"--that granite dust will RUIN (sticks to the glide lubricant and can't be vacumned out) the glides. It's not just being neat--it's protecting items from unfixable damage.

Some people on this forum have had to replace their glides after they became full of stone dust.

Bookmark   April 14, 2008 at 8:31AM
cat_mom

I was going to suggest the same thing--maybe BOLD that piece of info re: taping up the glides. DH and I found out about doing so here, and only here. Not a word about doing that (or why, of course) was mentioned by anyone else involved in our reno.

Bookmark   April 14, 2008 at 8:55AM
sweeby

Fabulous compilation Buehl!

What about a small section about granite names? While there are some fairly reliable names (Uba Tuba, Baltic Brown, Blue Pearl, Bianco Romano, etc.) there are SO MANY instances where the name of the stone is whatever some marketing person threw on it. I see a lot of posts here that either show a beautiful unusual slab and ask for a name, or that post an unusual name and ask for pictures. While I understand the temptation, it's often a fruitless endeavor because the searcher's local stoneyard may have the exact same stone marketed under a different name.

One other issue that might be useful to point out is timing. How many posts have we read here about "My fabricator sold my slab!" - even though it was reserved, tagged, had a deposit on it - even paid for! SO, SO common a problem...

Bookmark   April 14, 2008 at 9:22AM
buehl

Great ideas all! I will add them...

I'll wait for a few days to see what other comments I get and then "redo" it and repost it in this thread so you can see if I captured all your comments correctly!

So far:
* WHY drawer glides should be protected
* Granite names
* Timing...buying & picking up slab (you or fabricator)

Do you think I should add a section on maintenance? Granite, Soapstone, Quartz, Slate, etc.? (If so, what are your inputs on this topic?)

Thanks! Keep those comments coming!

It'd be great to hear from those I mentioned above and any other experts as well!

Bookmark   April 14, 2008 at 9:32AM
lisapico

Would you mind stating the advantages/disadvantages of 3 cm granite and 2 cm? Thanks.

Bookmark   April 14, 2008 at 3:45PM
buehl

Lisa....that's something I don't know...so if others could chime in here...please do!

I do know that thickness is somewhat regional...2 cm on the west coast and 3 cm on the east coast and in the south...and maybe mid-country as well?

Bookmark   April 14, 2008 at 8:56PM
nclakehouse

Bumping so others can respond and this does not drop off. This is great information and needs to be clipped and/or added to permanent resources.

Bookmark   April 15, 2008 at 6:52PM
lleet

Well done, thanks for taking the time to do this.

Bookmark   April 15, 2008 at 8:59PM
bill_vincent

What about a small section about granite names?

Instead of doing the work to put that all together, how about posting a link to where it's already done, instead?

Here is a link that might be useful: Granite Tables

Bookmark   April 15, 2008 at 9:36PM
bill_vincent

And maybe one more:

Here is a link that might be useful: Marble Tables

Bookmark   April 15, 2008 at 9:37PM
bill_vincent

Bump-- This was all the way back to page 5!!

Bookmark   April 17, 2008 at 8:13PM
gneegirl

Thanks buehl. Great idea to bring this up again. When I first started on this Forum, everyone was talking about granite - best stones, testing, caring / cleaning, and it was great when Stonegirl was giving us so much great advice. Then it seemed at though "layouts" took over granite topics. Now granite questions are resurfacing. I'm sure many of the new folks here could really benefit from this info. Someone as already added my comments - care and cleaning is super important, especially for sensitive stones. I've noticed a difference when I do what I'm supposed to do, so that would be great advice. The only other thing I would add is information on repair. I skimmed through your post and don't remember is that was addressed. I ended up having a small crack that had to be repaired. I'm thinking that Bill V. or others in the know could do a blurb on what is really something to worry about, and what to expect if repair is needed.

With all the planning and "doing" you are going through with your own kitchen (woes), it's pretty admirable that you did this. Great job - thanks!

gng

Bookmark   April 17, 2008 at 10:01PM
kitchenredo08

Thanks for all of this info!

Bookmark   April 17, 2008 at 10:14PM
buehl

If I have time this weekend, I will update my writeup and post it here for additional comments. Meanwhile, keep any comments, corrections, additions, etc. coming.

We haven't heard from Kevin yet (azstoneconsulting)!

Florida_Joshua & Florida_Mimi, et al...I would like to add Soapstone to this as well... I don't know as much about it, but I will try to compile what I've collected in the next week or so... I want to make this a true "stone" advice description, not just granite!

Does anyone have any other suggestions for other "stone" topics? If so, do you have any information to share or can you point me somewhere?

Hmm...quartz, too, I think.

Since I have a full-time (new) job plus two children and a DH, this will take me a while...so please be patient with me!

Bookmark   April 18, 2008 at 9:49AM
nclakehouse

Bumping -- I think adding soapstone would be GREAT. Thank you Buehl for investing the time to put this together.

Bookmark   April 18, 2008 at 12:47PM
buehl

Bump

Bookmark   April 18, 2008 at 8:09PM
buehl

Bump

Bookmark   April 19, 2008 at 4:09AM
raehelen

Bump,

Can't believe I'm in the position of having to review this, but there it goes!

Am bumping this up for all the rest of us GW'ers who need this valuable info.

Bookmark   April 21, 2008 at 5:45PM
clinresga

Bump. Great job.

Bookmark   April 26, 2008 at 8:00PM
ni_2006

bump

Bookmark   May 5, 2008 at 8:24PM
buehl

~bump~

Bookmark   May 18, 2008 at 9:45AM
buehl

To add to Countertop Support:

"...with a corbel or support every 30" of unsupported overhang."

(from StoneGirl http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg062051155180.html)

Bookmark   June 8, 2008 at 11:16PM
aussies

Just what I needed! Thanks!

bump!

Bookmark   July 23, 2008 at 12:19AM
touchofstone

you must be in the business, as I am. This is information I share with my customers. An informed and educated customer will be a happy one.

thanks for posting this!

Bookmark   July 25, 2008 at 6:20PM
bill_vincent

Fabricator, author, not to mention spending every bit as much time on the web helping people as I do!!

Yeah, she's in the business. :-)

Bookmark   July 25, 2008 at 7:09PM
stonegirl

Thanks Bill, you are very kind.

You have been doing a MAMMOTH JOB on this and the other forums you frequent. I do not hold a candle to you.

Regards,
Adriana

Bookmark   July 25, 2008 at 9:06PM
paulines

Well, I think both of you are rather special!!!!.....Group hug?

Bookmark   July 25, 2008 at 9:49PM
buehl

You too Paulines!

Bookmark   July 26, 2008 at 2:58PM
joandaugh

Here's a bump and a thank you! It seems like every step of the way on my pretty much DIY kitchen remodel, I've found what I needed in these forums. We just picked our slab of Verde Peacock this morning and were wondering about the final placement, since there is a big chunk of lighter color that we love but want to be careful where it ends up. We now know it's OK for us to be there when they place the templates, phew!

Bookmark   August 4, 2008 at 11:34AM
kevin_ii

Sweet sound advice!

Bookmark   August 4, 2008 at 8:07PM
sarany

I have been obsessively lurking here for quite some time, but this is my first post. I am about to start a big renovation including a kitchen and bathrooms so I have been learning so much from all the new posts and searching old threads.

I dedided to post now, because Buehl,the info in this post is really great and will help me tremendously in the coming months. Thank you!

Bookmark   August 4, 2008 at 8:23PM
momali3

bump

Bookmark   September 6, 2008 at 8:54PM
buehl

To add to Tests:

Left overnight: Water, Red wine, vinegar, strawberries, ... anyone have others to add?? ...

If absorption and/or staining occurs, seal it & try again.

Sealing....water should bead up on the surface

Bookmark   September 6, 2008 at 9:16PM
sue_ct

OIL! For reason, some stones readily absorb oils that do not absorb other liquids.

Sue

Bookmark   September 6, 2008 at 10:01PM
organic_nettie

Does anyone have a seam under the sink. I was told I will need one there. I am not sure I like that idea. Is it very noticable?

Bookmark   September 7, 2008 at 6:27AM
ccoombs1

Bump

And answering Organic Nettie...my seams are at the sinks and the cooktop and I like it just fine. It allowed the rest of my very heavily patterned granite to be seam-free.

Bookmark   October 2, 2008 at 3:19PM
buehl

Sink Undermount Options

There are pros & cons for each type of reveal:

• Positive Reveal. The sink shows; granite cutout is slightly larger than sink

• Pros: Easier to clean b/c you can see the gunk and can easily wipe it off (it only gets nasty if you leave it there)

• Cons: Silicone (caulk?) is visible, but if they use clear you won't see it when it dries

Negative Reveal. The granite overhangs the sink; granite cutout is slightly smaller than the sink

• Pros: You cannot see the gunk buildup or silicone

• Cons:

• You cannot see the gunk to clean it.
    • Dirty water/food can splash up & under where you cannot see to clean it. It's difficult to see underneath w/o leaning way over & into the sink.
    • Dishes/glasses have been known to break b/c when you lift them out near the edge of the sink the dish hits the stone counter & can break (or, if the dish wins, the counter could chip...but I'm not sure how likely that is).

Zero Reveal or Flush. Sink & granite are flush or even; the granite cutout & sink are the same size

• Pros:

• Easier to clean b/c you can see the gunk
    • No platform over or under for the gunk to collect
  • Cons:

• More difficult to do perfectly
    • Silicone is visible, but if they use clear you won't see it when it dries

You will find proponents of all three types of reveals here...but in the end it's what works best for you.

Bookmark   October 21, 2008 at 5:12PM
debsan

This info deserves a Bump!

Bookmark   November 18, 2008 at 9:15PM
stephanielynn

Bumping

Bookmark   January 6, 2009 at 1:16PM
buehl

To add:

When picking out your slab(s), check for pits. Any granite, marble, limestone, slate, etc. can have pits. While this is a natural quality of natural stone, be sure they are acceptable to you. In addition, when templating, be sure the pits are in acceptable locations as well.

The time to decide if a stone has too many pits in it or they are in unacceptable locations is before the slab is cut!

-From Kevin of AZ Stone Consulting/AZ School of Rock

Bookmark   February 16, 2009 at 4:19PM
fern76

bump

Bookmark   March 31, 2009 at 11:28AM
granite-girl

All very good advise. I can't think of anything else to add right now.

Here is a link that might be useful: granite countertops

Bookmark   March 31, 2009 at 12:36PM
glenster_jr

OT perhaps, but is there a recommended way to fill a particularly large (3/16") pit in a countertop?

Bookmark   March 31, 2009 at 12:52PM
azstoneconsulting

Buehl -

Couple of points -

1. you did a WAY AWESOME JOB on your initial post - BRAVO!!!

2. I see you posted once that you were looking for my contribution
onto this thread - and I have NOT been ignoring this thread - I have just been
busy with AZ School of Rock and now our latest website - Natural Stone 101

3. I will go back over every thread and if there is something I can add - I will,
however - you did such a FANTASTIC JOB - It's kind of like saying - Well..
The Mona Lisa should have a little more of this... or a little more of that.... HA!

Once again - GREAT JOB

Your Friend

kevin

Bookmark   March 31, 2009 at 2:06PM
azstoneconsulting

Glenster -

Yes - there IS a way to fill a 3/16" pit, there are actually a couple of ways..

I will be doing a video podcast on this subject next week on Natural
Stone 101 - so watch for it...

In the mean time - here's a website that you can go to to order a kit to do
the pit fill yourself - or have a pro do it - the company name is called
ProCaliber Products - they have a product that reacts with UV light - so
here's the dealeo - Ya fix the pit in your Granite, and then with the extra
filler, you can take care of your kids cavities too!!!!

Ok...... so It's not such a good idea, but at least it (maybe) got a chuckle..

Seriously Though - This kit that they have is WAY COOL - I saw it demo'd
at StonExpo 2008 in Las Vegas (THE Natural Stone Show in North America
that is for the Trade & Industry folks like me). It works on the same principal
as the latest dental repair technology - and it's way affordable too. (NOTE:
I DO NOT SELL THESE - but I was blown away by the speed and simplicty
of the product, and THAT'S why I am so hepped up on recommending it!!!)

Hope that helps ya - watch for the Podcast on Natural Stone 101

kevin

Here is a link that might be useful: Pro Caliber Products

Bookmark   March 31, 2009 at 2:17PM
buddyrose

love this thread. I also collect information like this when ever I do something I don't know much about: like renovating a kitchen.

good job buehl.

Bookmark   March 31, 2009 at 9:10PM
buddyrose

bumping this cuz someone always asks about granite and this is chockful of information. so BUMP

Bookmark   April 9, 2009 at 9:32PM
tsherman

Wow - Thanks for all the information, and for once again making me feel like I have the knowledge I need to spend my money wisely!

Bookmark   April 10, 2009 at 9:21AM
lukkiirish

bump

Bookmark   April 14, 2009 at 4:15PM
lululemon

Bumpalicious!!

Why is this not linked to the FAQ or the READ ME thread?

Bookmark   April 16, 2009 at 8:40PM
buehl

It is linked in the "Read Me" thread.

Bookmark   April 16, 2009 at 9:21PM
donka

Is there any info about how they attach the stone to corbels? Is it glued or do they use brackets or something? I didn't see this in there but I might have missed it.

Bookmark   April 16, 2009 at 10:11PM
ncounty

Great thread; thank you for compiling this.

Bookmark   May 9, 2009 at 9:58AM
dreamsalive

BUMP orama!

Bookmark   June 5, 2009 at 2:50AM
beekeeperswife

TIME FOR A BUMP!

Bookmark   June 29, 2009 at 3:52PM
jone54557

Hi there. I would like to recommend you a website which you must like and give you some idea.

Here is a link that might be useful: chinasink

Bookmark   July 8, 2009 at 4:24AM
buehl

Posted by stonegirl (My Page) on Sun, Jun 21, 09 at 13:41

1. Lifetime Sealer: With modern sealer technology advancing as fast as (or even faster than!) computer technology, it is difficult to keep up with all the developments. The most recent development is called "nano technology", which, for all intents and purposes, mean that the solid particles in the sealer (the stuff that makes the sealer work) are very, very small and combined with advanced solvent technology, these particles can penetrate deeper into the stone and do a better job of sealing it.

There are a number of sealers on the market that make use of this technology and some even give lifetime warranties for properly applied sealers. A couple of these are "Dry Treat" and "Surface Treatment Technologies". STT has a proprietary combination sealer consisting of SB (the first application) and FE (the final application) that offers superior protection even on extremely porous surfaces. The guys over at the SFA did side-by-side testing of Dry Treat and the STT combination and found STT to be the superior product.

That said, there are a few others out there that I am not familiar with and could offer the same benefit. Just be wary of companies that claim to be "certified applicators" or some such. A lot of people saw a niche in a market and are trying to fill it by employing shady techniques.

Lifetime sealers often are more expensive than regular good quality sealers, and as some have noted before me, sealer application is no big deal and can be done at home and by yourself fairly easily. Just be sure to purchase a high quality product with a recognized brand name, such as Miracle or StoneTech, to name a couple.

BUT: Not all stones need sealer either. Stones like Blue Pearl, Ubatuba, Black Galaxy, Verde Peacock, Verde Butterfly, Platinum Pearl and many others are too dense to absorb any liquids - sealers included. Sealers only protect stone from staining through absorption, so in stones with low absorption co-efficients, sealing would be superfluous.

Sealing dense stones could lead to nasty results, such as streaking and ghost etching, so DO NOT go by the motto of "seal it anyway, it could not hurt". Rather test your stone for absorption by dripping water on it to see if it darkens any. If the water has no effect on the stone, sealing it is unnecessary.

Seams: DO NOT pick a stone to satisfy the abilities (or lack of!) the fabricator. A good fabricator will be able to make a good seam in whatever stone you select. MIA standards for seams list 1/8" as being acceptable. As with all bureaucratic institutions they are decidedly behind the curve in technology and applications, and there are fabricators who strive to make seams virtually disappear. Do know that it is more challenging to make seams "disappear" in veined or boldly patterned stones and fabricators will charge accordingly.

Ask your intended fabricator(s) to have you see actual installed kitchens and...

Bookmark   July 12, 2009 at 1:23PM
davidro1

bumpity

Bookmark   July 21, 2009 at 4:22PM
kelvar

Thank you for this thread.

Bookmark   July 24, 2009 at 8:39AM
chardonnaykj

bump and thank you for the extensive research. What an undertaking! Great Job!

Bookmark   March 13, 2010 at 9:51PM
jewel-1

A wealth of information here. Thanks to all who have contributed to what Buehl has done. Sure going to save this!

Bookmark   March 18, 2010 at 1:15AM
jewel-1

trying the bump to try and get closer to page 1. This need to be available to everyone thinking about using stone on their counter tops

Bookmark   March 18, 2010 at 1:26AM
jewel-1

bump

Bookmark   March 18, 2010 at 4:17PM
danielle84

Wow! Merci beaucoup, Thank you very much. Lot of work put into this thread!!
I do not know what bump means but I will write it anyway BUMP!
Questions for you Buehl
1- when at the slab yard, they added water to the chosen slab to show me the exact color my granite will be once sealed. Once wet, my slab had a yellow tint to it which it did not have when dry. Do all sealers make a stone yellow? Is there any sealers that does not alter the color? I really liked it the way it was before.
2- why use selicone instead of plumber putty to install a silgranit sink (undermount).
Again thank you so much
I am sending you a bottle of wine via osmosis

Bookmark   March 18, 2010 at 8:57PM
sheila99

Buehl, What a wonderful list of guidelines! Thank you for putting it together. It is a wonderful help to all!

Bookmark   March 18, 2010 at 9:38PM
jewel-1

bump

Bookmark   March 19, 2010 at 9:15PM
lindalp

bump

Bookmark   March 27, 2010 at 4:05PM
doraville

bump

Bookmark   March 28, 2010 at 8:02PM
jewel-1

bump

Bookmark   March 29, 2010 at 3:14PM
buehl

danielle84...

The "yellow" is from the stone, not the sealer or water. The yellow apparently is more noticeable when wet or sealed, but neither the water nor the sealer adds yellow.

Plumber's putty can permanently stain some stones like marble and some granites...silgranit sinks included.

Bookmark   April 9, 2010 at 11:06AM
buehl

For those not wanting corbels or legs...be very careful as plywood by itself is not sufficient support...you need additional support.

First, there's the "6 & 10 Rule":
If your slab is 2 cm, you can have up to a 6" overhang without support.
If your slab is 3 cm you can have up to a 10" overhang without support

Anything over these numbers needs to be supported. For example, with 3cm granite, if you have a 15" overhang you will need 5" corbels or other support so no more than 10" is unsupported.

If you don't want corbels or legs, consider the "CounterBalance" system instead.

See the following threads for more information on the above:

Thread: Kevin - 'remember the 6 & 10 rule' [talks about the CounterBalance system, among others]

Thread: granite fabrication questions..what do you think! [also talks about the CounterBalance system, among others]

Bookmark   April 9, 2010 at 11:08AM
buehl

Thread: plumber putty vs silicone on silgranit sink???

See Ccoombs1's "Wed, Mar 24, 10 at 6:33" post in the above thread.

Bookmark   April 10, 2010 at 2:39AM
flwrs_n_co

bump

Bookmark   April 17, 2010 at 9:38PM
mpwdmom

Just giving this a bump...I'm sure my question has been talked to death but I have some pronounced hazy spots on our bathroom vanity granite (UbaTuba, 3 yrs old) and so far they aren't budging.

I'd love to hear some ideas. Thank you!

Susan ~

Bookmark   May 28, 2010 at 10:57PM
doonie

bump

Bookmark   May 29, 2010 at 4:50PM
leela4

Great thread, research and information. Thanks Buehl, and everyone.
I may well have missed it, but was any of this advice and/or information ever posted with respect to soapstone?
TIA

Bookmark   June 10, 2010 at 10:59PM
benjayva

Bumping this up
Such helpful info !!!!!!!!

Bookmark   June 15, 2010 at 2:54PM
cancoi

*bump*

Bookmark   June 28, 2010 at 11:14AM
petra66_gw

Very useful thread, thank you so much!

Bookmark   September 3, 2010 at 9:52AM
ebean

bump because i just read this and we're having our soapstone counters installed next week and it's insanely useful.

Bookmark   September 8, 2010 at 6:05PM
buehl

Note about bumping: This thread has fallen off the last page (page 6) of the thread list. This means that bumping it will not bring it back to the top of the thread list...it will not bring it back to the thread list at all. That's one reason why it's linked to from the "Read Me" thread.

Additionally, this thread will not be found when searching on GW. Instead, use Google or similar search engine and enter the following in the search box: stone advice checklist site:ths.gardenweb.com

It should be the first thread retrieved.

Bookmark   January 20, 2011 at 5:16PM
buehl

Here is the Marble Institute of America's A Homeowner's Guide to Natural Stone Countertop Installation

Bookmark   April 6, 2011 at 2:49PM
la_koala

Just bumping, because this is such a great thread, and I needed to find the sink reveal info today. :-)

Bookmark   December 1, 2011 at 11:03AM
buehl

New link for Marble Institute of America's "A Homeowner's Guide to Natural Stone Countertop Installation"

Here is a link that might be useful: A Homeowner's Guide to Natural Stone Countertop Installation

Bookmark   January 13, 2012 at 12:41AM
mary_ruth

Love this informative thread. Suggestion:

You now have enough information to create a Blog with tags to terminology, marble, types of stone, granite answers that can be done on a word search.

Also as comments are added the information is integrated along the materials posted.

Also a Link section can have all the links to information sources including this board.
Blog can be managed by one or more people

People can subscibe to the information, no need to cut and paste and save on our own, the Blog is there whenever we need the information.

Updates can be added with a tag or link to original message so you are not always updating information, just end each information entry to blog 'check for updates'
Over one or two years the Blog will be a valuable information resource that can easily be found on a search and links back to this board.

Was thinking of this as I reviewed the thread here. This can actually be done with any information Avenue, as it grows and more and more information is gathered, just check out how the 'House of Turquoise' grew into a Blog that is the 'in place' to check out that color and all the ideas gathered! Food for thought...

Bookmark   June 16, 2012 at 11:20AM
Thomasoo

Nice article you should check this to understand something.

Here is a link that might be useful: Meble do salonu

Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 11:03AM
sjerin

Bump. No spam allowed, Mr. Thomasoo, who just registered today.

Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 4:10PM
More Discussions
Would this open shelf look OK between the wall oven and range hood?
I need a quick decision made so DH can carry on with...
laughablemoments
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
Kitchen layout, updated
Revised layout:
edwardshome
Kitchen Cabinet pricing - what would you do?
I had had a few quotes done for my kitchen cabinets:...
petralikesyoga
Nobody does drop-in sink on stone countertop? Really?
I know... undermount is more popular these days --...
mudworm
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™