Showings after under contract?

usgirlMarch 30, 2010

I am so thankful that we are under contract for full price after only 3 weeks. This area is somewhat protected from market swings by a large university. The contract is subject to the usual contingencies including the buyers successful closure of their already under contract property. Fingers crossed for a successful conclusion as we have already purchased a property.

What is your opinion about continuing to show the property for a possible back up offer after we exchanged contracts last night? Is it worth all the inconvenience? I'm not sure that I would entertain offering on a house already under contract.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123

While someone might not entertain the thought of making an offer on a house already on contract, as the seller, I would inconvenience myself enough to open the door for showings.

The house isn't sold until closing.

Bookmark   March 30, 2010 at 9:00PM
Billl

I'd continue to keep an open mind about showings. However, traffic is going to drop to about zero once the property gets listed as under contract.

Bookmark   March 31, 2010 at 11:20AM
chrisk327

I don't think I'd have a problem actually doing the showing, however in my neck of the woods, the house comes off MLS when its in contract.

I guess it also depends on what normal contingency you are worried about and whats normal in your area.

For instance, in my area, no house goes in contract with an inspection contingency. Its dealt with before the contract or not at all. So pretty much all to be dealt with is financing and appraisal.

Bookmark   March 31, 2010 at 12:22PM
More Discussions
Home Buyers Please Vote: Would you rather ...
1. A $2,000 kitchen appliance allowance or any stainless...
belfastbound
How to Flip. Remodel doubles price of house
The prices are San Francisco values, but it's a terrific...
sushipup1
Driving A U-Haul, Towing A Vehicle Transporter
Well after all the looking and reading we have decided...
splais
Realtor company fee
Buyer agent told me there is $300 fee to realtor company....
net42k
Home sellers: Terrible experience with realtors?
Hi there, I'm getting ready to sell my house and need...
dollhausimaginations
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™