Aggregate pool surfaces

shorelinedesignSeptember 21, 2010

I am installing a pool soon and am trying to select a finish. I ahve two children and have been recommended several by my pool contractor, i like the gemstone JEWEL abalone that can be added to give that glimmer of a seashell in the pool. Has anyone ever used this. He says go with krystalkrete or sunstone product or even beadcreate. I live in FLORIDA. Please help with any suggestions you may have.

PB is also suggesting all HAYW products and I've been reading about Polaris alot on this website before I knew anything about what he was going to suggest. HELP!

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pool_designer

I can't speak to gemstone jewel abalone, but Krystalkrete and Sunstone are CLI products (www.clindustries.com). Exposed aggregate finishes from Orlando, FL. Beadcrete is a glass-type aggregate (www.beadcrete.com). Both a good choice, however, Beadcrete will "shimmer" more due to the glass. The warranty on the CLI pebble should be better (lifetime vs. 7 years). Personal preference. Your PB is saying Krystalkrete or Sunstone because that is the vendor that they prefer, due to using them repeatedly.
As for Hayward vs. Polaris, Polaris is mostly a robot pool cleaner manufacturer. Hayward has all of the pumps, filters, etc. to make you pool work. There are basically 3 choices for pool equipment companies; Hayward, Pentair, and Jandy. I prefer Pentair, but all are good.

Bookmark   September 25, 2010 at 11:08AM
More Discussions
Concerns about quartzscape plaster on new build
Yea, our newly constructed pool was plastered with...
spicegal
Automatic Pool Covers for Inground Swimming Pool
We are looking to purchase an automatic pool cover....
christyinco
Need advice on 48 refrigerator remodeling my kitchen
What 48 refrigerator built in looks and performs best...
mercedes316
Is it safe to build a vinyl inground with pyrite in the soil?
I have been trying to find information about excavating...
jo229
Our Pool Remodel with Mr. Carlos Pools
So after much searching and many quotes from diffirent...
evepineda02
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™