Look! Pretty exciting photo news...

maddieleeMay 16, 2012

Check out what Garden Web is working on. Uploading photos without using a hosting site...

Hope its ok to share.

Here is a link that might be useful: From the GW Cooking forum

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DLM2000

Nice! And about time!

Bookmark   May 16, 2012 at 12:03PM
annzgw

I wonder if the poster has any control over size of the pic and whether they can remove it at a later date? I know that once you upload a pic GW can do what they want with it.

My guess is removal is not possible once it's uploaded to GW based on the following:
"you grant iVillage a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, sublicense, assign, derive revenue or other remuneration from, communicate to the public, perform and display the content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any Rights that may exist in such content.

Bookmark   May 16, 2012 at 12:49PM
mahatmacat1

I sure hope that they continue to allow us to link to an independent site (not upload) so that our pics don't become their property.

Bookmark   May 16, 2012 at 1:18PM
Fun2BHere

If only we could edit our posts. Then, we could choose to remove the photo at our discretion. However, I love that GW is trying to make things easier because it is sort of a pain to have to upload pictures to a photo sharing site.

Bookmark   May 16, 2012 at 1:25PM
natal

Nice for those who don't use a photo hosting site. I don't like the fact that the pictures are so small and you have to click on them to see a larger version. Also you have to reduce your photos.

Bookmark   May 16, 2012 at 1:40PM
More Discussions
Would polished nickel sconces blend with chrome in a bathroom?
Doing a master bath remodel. All shower and sink faucets...
Jill Wood
Need help for exterior of home!
My husband and I recently bought a 1960's mid century...
betsmurph198
Credenza for mcm home
I have been searching for a credenza for the tv in...
rockybird
Need help picking out colors for my bedroom
Here is a picture of my very bare room. The vision...
jmdkc
Does this light go in my dining room?
LINK TO LIGHT Looking for a new light for our dining...
akl_vdb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™