pentair intelliflo pump problem

tech101September 6, 2011

My intelliflo has been working fine for a year since it was installed and the parameters set by the installer. After I cleaned the filter and leaf basket(2 days ago), followed by backwash and rinse, I could not operate the vacuum or the kreepy krauly without the pump surging and going into service alert mode. The filter by itself works fine. The pentair phone tech said to reset the vacuum parameter from 34 to 25 and the filter from 28 to 10. This had no effect.

What setting(s) should I change to stop the surge from the extra pressure load, and why did this not happen before with the original settings?

Thank you for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poolguynj

Which Intelliflow do you have?

Scott

Bookmark   September 6, 2011 at 8:13PM
tech101

Intelliflo VF, p/n 353011 3HP 230V 8.3A

This is all the info I could find.

Bookmark   September 7, 2011 at 1:40PM
muddy_water

If you have automation/Easytouch or Intellitouch turn off the breaker to the panel for a few seconds then see if that clears it up...

Bookmark   September 7, 2011 at 8:23PM
repair_guy

This could be as simple as the suction valve on the cleaner line needing opened up a bit more. The odds are the valve was adjusted for more flow as the filter or pump loaded up. Now that you backwashed or cleaned the basket, you sucking too much and the pump is restricting. Try closing the cleaner valve totally, letting the pump prime fully and then opening the cleaner valve to a level where the cleaner moves and the pump does not labor. This all assumes you don't have the cleaner on an automated valve. Beyond that, filters load up and parameters need changing in time if the filter is only backwashed and not fully torn down for cleaning.

Bookmark   September 7, 2011 at 9:37PM
More Discussions
pool filter leak; newbies buying the house
We have a contract on a house with a pool. The pool...
defgarden
Diaphragm in Barracuda cleaners keeps getting torn
We have second home in FL with pool built in late 70s'==like...
loves2read
Is it safe to build a vinyl inground with pyrite in the soil?
I have been trying to find information about excavating...
jo229
Pool Filter question
Hi All, I'm new to this board. Thanks in advance for...
austinyankeefan
Concerns about quartzscape plaster on new build
Yea, our newly constructed pool was plastered with...
spicegal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™