Cover decision time - NJ

seasignsSeptember 1, 2010

New pool owner from NJ here & I have to make a decision asap on a cover. I am very confused by the options & pricing. I do not have any waterfalls and a relatively small pool 500 sq ft + 96 sq ft sunshelf. I am going to go with a solid safety cover from either Merlin, Coverlon, or Loop Loc. I am seeing quotes here of $1500-sh (for mesh) and all of my qoutes are in the 3700-4000 range installed including winterization. Does this make sense? Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poolguynj

Solid covers are more money. Free forms cost more. Paver decks are more money.

Covers are typically priced by the longest length by the widest plus 3 feet on each.

Example: 20 X 40 free form will use 3x3 panels, and measure about 23 x 43. The extra is overlap.

Send me a pm by clicking on the My Page link. If you can get me accurate length and width and deck type, I can give you the price From Loop Loc. I would expect an installed Merlin to be in the same ball park.

I am not a big fan of Coverlon. Durability is my main concern. Loop Loc and Merlin are better covers.

Just to be open, I am a Loop Loc dealer. I have installed a number of other brands too. Since I started PGNJ, I made the decision because my reputation on the line and your kids safety or your friends children safety.

Scott

Bookmark   September 1, 2010 at 7:47PM
thejimbar

We re in northern NJ and used these guys. Cover was an Anchor Defender Mesh. No issues so far after 5 years. Price was around $3800 for freeform 40X20 pool with spa. Getting depressed just looking at it....32 days til closing...

www.poolsafetysystems.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Anchor Defender Mesh Cover

Bookmark   September 2, 2010 at 9:29AM
artdrexler_hotmail_com

the jimbar,
Did you use collars around hook in the travertine? Any issues pulling the paver up. Btw, your pool looks great.

Bookmark   May 24, 2011 at 12:00PM
thejimbar

Yes, brass collars around the screwdowns. Yes, the 2 connectors behind the spa pulled up the pavers first year. What we do now is put concrete blocks on the pavers after closing and no issues at all.

Bookmark   May 24, 2011 at 10:46PM
poolguynj

They should have used longer straps so they could set the anchors further away and the straps/springs would have been at less of an angle. Pitching the anchors a little back would have also helped reduce that.

I assume you have pillows under the raised areas on either side of the spa.

Scott

Bookmark   May 26, 2011 at 7:03AM
More Discussions
Need help with sealing gunite to rock, and black alge
Hey friends! I purchased a house last summer in Houston,...
Klint Turney
Newbie Hot Tub Owner - Questions On Chemicals
Hello, I am a first time hot tub owner and I'm in the...
gil_happy
My pebble sheen finish is so uneven...
Our pebble sheen finish was completed on January 1st...
Susan Scearce
1978 Master Pool in floor cleaning system remodel
I am looking at getting my pool remodeled and I'm getting...
jdofaz
Swimming laps- Design help
My wife wants to swim laps. Short of building an olympic...
jparkfire
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™