Cover Pricing - Help.

nypoolnoviceSeptember 23, 2010

We have a free-form, about 700 SF, with an 8' spa.

I got a price for a Loop-Loc cover from an online dealer, about $3,400 for the solid cover, delivered, no installation.

Can anyone offer any info that might help me determine if this is a decent deal? I wasn't expecting it to cost this much, but I can't really say what I'm basing my expectations on.

Any decent alternatives that might save me some money?

Here's a link to our pool.

TIA

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Pool

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
poolguynj

You have a raised spa and need anchor in pipe and UndrCovr padding. I would add 2' long #5 rebar in the main anchor in pipe assemblies too.

That pool, as far as the cover makers pricing is concerned, is longest length + 30" x widest + 30". The additional 30" accounts for overlap. Also add in treatments and anti-wear padding.

Your link was very helpful.It told me you will need the pipes, rebar, and raised spa treatments, and your planned travertine deck will REQUIRE core drilling. Hammer drills will chip and crack the tiles.

This is NOT a DIY job. The net is great for the DIYer. A cover like this needs a VAR, Value Added Reseller that knows what to do, has done them before, and will be there for you should it need attention. Try getting on site support from the online dealer.

How costly a mistake would a miss measurement be? It's relatively easy to screw it up.

Scott

Bookmark   September 23, 2010 at 5:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jaxnoney

There are several brands of safety covers and several that are cheaper and rated just as well as loop loc. I found the best price on safety covers at poolsupplyworld.com. If you definately have to have loop loc look at poolwarehouse.com.

Bookmark   September 24, 2010 at 9:56PM
More Discussions
Pool heater shutting off after 90 degrees F.
Hello! I have a pentair minimax 200M for my pool spa/combo....
tcornell05
Basement pool - How to prepare the room?
With some slight modifications to my garage (dropping...
Alex House
salt or chlorine? pebble or plaster?
We have finally decided to build a pool, and have had...
lostinthewoodlands
Concerns about quartzscape plaster on new build
Yea, our newly constructed pool was plastered with...
spicegal
Cleaning pool filter
Does your pool filter look like this after it's been...
bossyvossy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™