Finally hung smocked curtains...PICS!!!

nutmegxoMay 6, 2012

I finally was able to hang my smocked curtains this past weekend. Last month I had posted about these curtains (I wasn't sure if I should put one panel or two panels per window). Well I ordered 2 panels per window and they are finally up and I love them! Some on here had mentioned that they didn't like the blinds with these particular curtains, and while I do agree with that, I just have no choice...we had these blinds custom made for all windows in the house when we moved in less than 3 years ago and they are needed for privacy and light control. Most of the pics below I have the blinds completly raised up anyways...the last couple pics I show the blinds lowered.

I am very delighted with how this bedroom is coming along...still have not ordered the bedding yet and still need to find a console table for the wall opposite the bed to put the cable box on (large TV is wall mounted opposite the bed). So still not finished with this room but just wanted to show off some pics now that the curtains are up!

Walls are BM palladian blue and trim is BM linen white. Toile wallpaper behind the bed. Curtains are a teastain color in cotton organdy with smocking at the top. Thanks to everyone on here who helped me make decisions thus far!! xo

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
always1stepbehind

Your panels look great. I love the look of smocked panels. Where did you order them from. I think originally the only place I had ever seen them was Pottery Barn, but I remember seeing some in another catalog like Country Curtains or one similar.

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 10:59AM
daisychain01

Gorgeous! I've never seen smocked drapes before. So pretty. They go very well with your room, which is magazine worthy btw.

I can see why some said the blinds weren't perfect with the drapes, but they're not bad by any means. If you had unlimited funds and the desire, I could see doing romans in the same fabric as the wallpaper, but IMHO the current blinds don't detract from the overall gorgeousity of the room. Well done!

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 11:02AM
nutmegxo

Thx! I really did lots of searches trying to find the right smocked curtains. I actually had purchased the ones that Country Curtains has but ended up returning them...they are pretty but I did not care for the voile fabric...they were just way too sheer for my liking. Pottery Barn does sell smocked curtains as well in white or a khaki color. I did not want pure white and when I called them to request a swatch of the khaki color, they did not have swatches available. I do think the khaki color would not have worked anyways. Pom Pom at Home also makes gorgeous smocked panels but they are over $200.00 per panel in fine linen (very high end). (I needed 6 panels!) The Pom Pom at Home colors are off-white and flax - the flax would not have worked, and the off-white was not creamy enough in color for me and with the huge price tag just NO WAY! I finally found these smocked curtains made by Chandler Bedding on a website called Bella Home Fashions. They did not have swatches either but I took my chances and ordered one panel with the intention of just returning it if I didn't like the color. I fell in love with the curtain when I received it and then ordered the remaining 5 panels that I needed. They were approx. $100.00 per panel. I really like how they are made...the smocking gradually blends seamlessly into the rest of the curtain (whereas the country curtains panels had a large seam between the smocking and the lower portion of the curtain). There is generous amounts of fabric in these panels...very billowy and full. The color was perfect as well!

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 11:11AM
macybaby

The room is coming along nicely - Love those drapes.

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 11:45AM
aktillery9

Wow!!! What talent you have. I love your room. Its so elegant and serene.

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 11:47AM
gsciencechick

Wow, the curtains are just perfect for your room! Everything looks so great together!

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 11:56AM
maddielee

Very pretty. I don't dislike the blinds with them at all.

ML

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 12:11PM
yayagal

Yummy!!! You must just love walking in and looking at them, I would.

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 12:14PM
Annie Deighnaugh

Very nice. The room looks lovely.

if it were me, I would stitch the panels together at the top , just where the smocking is. That would close up the panels so they would cover the blinds completely when they were drawn up. I'd then get some tie backs or holdbacks to give the panels a graceful shape. I think it would go perfectly with you bed and the style of the room....

But either way, it's lovely.

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 12:19PM
lukkiirish

I've always wondered how those would look hung in a non display type setting and worried it would be hard to get it right, you did them justice! They look great!

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 12:19PM
justgotabme

What a lovely room mutmegxo. These panels hung as they are bring such a wonderfully feminine touch to the room. And I think even a room shared with a man should be feminine. So romantic. I wouldn't change a thing other than your new bedding. Do you know what you want?

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 12:31PM
justgotabme

Opps. So sorry I hit the "m" instead of the "n" in your name.

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 12:32PM
ttodd

It is all falling together quite lovely! Excellent decisions all around!

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 12:40PM
SunnyCottage

Absolutely lovely room! I adore your new curtains! They're so breezy and charming!

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 2:23PM
anele_gw

Very lovely! You must feel so relaxed in there!!!! Just beautiful!

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 4:26PM
cindyandmocha

That is so pretty and soothing. I could sleep very nicely in there. I love the blue and the smocked curtains are perfect. Even the rods complement them.

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 5:05PM
vintagewine

The smocked curtains really fit the style of the room.

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 6:12PM
cyn427 (zone 7)

*sigh* Your room is just so very pretty now. I'll bet you just walk in there now and smile!

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 6:57PM
cyn427 (zone 7)

*sigh* Your room is just so very pretty now. I'll bet you just walk in there now and smile!

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 7:00PM
sis2two

I just love your room! And that wallpaper looks so good in there. Great job.

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 10:10PM
denali2007

This is my all time favorite bedroom! Of course I also have a Palladian Blue room, so I am biased!

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 10:42PM
nutmegxo

Wow!!!! Overwhelmed by the response here! Thank you all for your sweet words!! I was so confused when I set out to do this room several months ago. Lots of trial and error finally paid off. As much as I adore the curtains I have to say my favorite part if the room is the paint color!!!!!! It is just the perfect bedroom color, serene, calming, and even if the room was totally empty as ling as the walls are painted palladian blue I am happy!!

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 10:50PM
cheri127

It all looks really nice but the wallpaper is AWESOME! Love it!

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 12:38AM
graywings123

I love smocking and I love how the curtains soften the room. Nice job!

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 9:47AM
kswl2

The color of the curtains looks lovely with the rods and finials and the wallpaper!

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 11:12AM
Painted_Nest

They truly complete the aesthetics of the room. I feel like Jane Eyre :) So pretty... !

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 4:01PM
More Discussions
What is this called?
I am trying to search out sectionals that have this...
RoseAbbey
Office ready for window treatments - WWYD?
I finally hung the diplomas and DH's favorite print...
2pups4me
What other photo sharing site besides Photobucket?
nevermind Ok, so I do need help. I'm done with Photobucket....
SheeshareeII
House exterior - cedar siding alternative?
I love the look of horizontal cedar slats, and would...
juno_barks
Bright solid or bold print to reupholster settees?
Anyway, I bought a pair of vintage settees for my 'formal'...
sloedjinn
Sponsored Products
Creative Bath Multi Outdoor Serving Set - Set of 13 - CH623
$14.99 | Hayneedle
Each 54" x 96" Paramount Curtain
$110.00 | Horchow
Serena & Lily Jamesport Stripe Shower Curtain
Serena & Lily
Shower Curtain Artistic - Falling For Colour
$89.00 | DiaNoche
Classic Pewter Adjustable Curtain Rod Set
Overstock.com