How many Lights and Where

sarahmh509September 5, 2013

Hi, thank you to all fo the wondeful people who read this forum - it has given me much information in planning and designing my new pool!

I need your help :) I am trying to decide how many lights I need and where I should put them. The pool is on a different level than the house - below it - so I am not sure if the light will shine into the house or not.

Thank you for any advice or suggestions you may have!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
c9pilot

I'm guessing that your house is on the bottom of the diagram, and I am no expert, but I would put a light to the left of the entry stairs (between the stairs and the shallow shelves) facing the direction of about 1 or 2 o'clock - or towards just right of the cuddle cove, and then one on the right side of the deep end so that it faces 9 o'clock - straight across the pool.
I think that would give you good light and a little privacy in the cuddle cove at night - indirect light only.
It is correct that you do not want any lights facing the house - when we moved the position of our spa I did not give that a thought and I really don't like it. Wish the spa light was on a different switch than the other pool lights, but it was going to be a lot more wiring and I didn't like the electrician anyway.

Bookmark   September 8, 2013 at 12:00PM
More Discussions
Almost there, infinity edge
Waiting on plaster and landscaping. Almost there......
poolmd
Basement pool - How to prepare the room?
With some slight modifications to my garage (dropping...
Alex House
Please recommend a good pool builder in Southern California?
Hello, We have had a hard time finding a trust worthy...
dpautz
Our Pool Remodel with Mr. Carlos Pools
So after much searching and many quotes from diffirent...
evepineda02
Concerns about quartzscape plaster on new build
Yea, our newly constructed pool was plastered with...
spicegal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™