Help! Cut line to aquapure SWG!

marta_pSeptember 9, 2012

I was weeding and accidentally cut the line connecting my SWG to the control box. My service company isn't open. Can anyone suggest a temporary solution? Should I shut down the pool? Turn something off? Please advise. Thanks so much, Marta

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
goyom

Marta, there are 2 cables from the aqua pure cabinet to the salt cell. One is a black power cable with a thick flat plug at the end that mounts on 3 metal prongs on the cell itself, the other is a grey flat cable for the sensor used to check salinity and temp.

If you cut either of these, you need to shut down the SWG system until the pool guy can look at it.

My pool has the option to turn off the Aquapure system and just run the pump. If you have that option you can do so.

If you have a PDA it is under menu, then you will see Aquapure, set it to zero. Remember you will only see the Aquapure option under Menu if the pump is running.

If not, just turn the whole setup off.

Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 3:00PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marta_p

thanks goyom! It was the grey flat cable. I set the pda to 0% and tried to turn the system off, not sure if it worked completely, but it said "cell reversing" when I left for work. Can you tell me how I will know if I can turn off the aquapure w/o turning off the pump? I called the service company and am waiting to hear back. thanks again, Marta

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 10:55AM
More Discussions
Need new pool filter help
I don' t mind spending the money for a good pool pump...
echooooo
What pump are you using?
We have a 30,000 gal gunite in ground pool with a small...
lindamarie
Pool Filter Question
Should my pool filter run 24/7 or less than that? I...
JeremyLin
Diaphragm in Barracuda cleaners keeps getting torn
We have second home in FL with pool built in late 70s'==like...
loves2read
hot tub evaporation rate in cold
Ok, newbie here to pool and hot tub ownership. We have...
ladybugfruit
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™