picture of Baby pajamas quilt again

MaeTApril 5, 2013

but this time with the purple blocks changed to pastel. Must say I like this so much better.
Going to put it aside until I get the backing later on. Now I'm on the search to find material to smock a sundress for Chloe and Mallory.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MaeT

I would also appreciate your opinions on how to quilt it.

Bookmark   April 5, 2013 at 6:16PM
quiltnhen

So pretty! Anything you might want to write in long hand around the white bands??? Name, special dates, things she loves. Other than that, no bright ideas, but I know there will be plenty of good suggestions from this ground.
LindaB/CA

Bookmark   April 5, 2013 at 9:19PM
lola99

This looks great!

Regarding the quilting, are you comfortable free motion quilting, or do you prefer to use your walking foot? Do you like dense quilting or do you prefer less quilting?

When I look at your quilt I see so many design possibilities, particularly with all of the white. I would probably do something different in each white ring - patterns like swirls, or paisley, or wavy lines or...so many choices! Then maybe I'd do something a little simpler in the PJ squares, like orange peel.

Here is a link that might be useful: Orange peel quilting link

Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 3:08PM
MaeT

Well I bought a foot for the free motion quilting but I haven't yet even attempted it so wouldn't be trying it on this quilt.
I am using Warm and White batting and hand quilting it myself so won't be doing dense quilting as it would take me a long time to do it by hand. I have a couple more quilt to do for my other granddaughters.

Right now I am trying to find wide flannel for the backing and figure out how to quilt it. I will check out the link you posted as well. Thanks

Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 1:04AM
More Discussions
Fun idea, but need help.
I am an occasional, novice, quilter and am making a...
beteacher
What should I do with these?
I picked up this jelly roll of Kaffe Fassett fabrics...
Fran Sajewicz
Trying to locate quilt pattern
I know it's been awhile since posting and I'm not sure...
Vanislegirl88
Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 28-March 1
What are you working on this week? My DD and I are...
lindaoh_gw
MARCH 2015 Lotto Block
MARCH Friendship Star 12-1/2" - Black and white...
beth7happy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™