Basketball hoop

GoofyYnoAugust 29, 2011

Why are the deck mounted basketball hoops so expensive? the ones with bases seem to cost less- I know they are not mades as well, but I'm broke after building the pool:(

also, why to target and walmart only sell theirs via internet. Normally I wouldn't care, but I need something by labor day.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
goyom

If you have a Leslies pool supply near you, they sell a decent one with a base for $100 and you can usually find a coupon for $15 percent off.

Bookmark   August 30, 2011 at 5:41AM
GoofyYno

That's the problem- I put in a sleeve for the pole, but can't find a cheap hoop for it. seems silly to get one with a stand now. Can you remove the stand, and just put the pole in the sleeve? or maybe I can just buy a pole and attach a acrylic backboard?

I think Leslie's is the only place that has anything around here. I will go buy there on Thursday when I'm off.

Bookmark   August 30, 2011 at 11:45AM
wamaha

You could always make one.....

A buddy of mine constructed one out of a worn out umbrella pole. Used plywood as the backboard, and a simple rim/net to finish it up. Said it was pretty easy, and obviously pretty cheap.

May not last as long as a plastic one, but should last a couple of years at least.

Bookmark   August 30, 2011 at 5:02PM
More Discussions
Concerns about quartzscape plaster on new build
Yea, our newly constructed pool was plastered with...
spicegal
Pool Filter question
Hi All, I'm new to this board. Thanks in advance for...
austinyankeefan
hot tub evaporation rate in cold
Ok, newbie here to pool and hot tub ownership. We have...
ladybugfruit
Plaster mottling???
It's been 13 days since we had the pool replastered....
lisadlu
Screen around pool
Hi, This may not be the best forum for this question,...
ladoladi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™