Subways that match Kraftmaid Dove White?

tricia257March 4, 2013

Since so many people seem to be using white subway tile backsplashes, I thought I might ask if anyone has found a white that matches Kraftmaid Dove White cabinets.

Thanks so much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rebeccamomof123

Hi there,

I too am doing Kraftmaid Dove white cabinets. I originally thought I wanted white subway tile too but then when I picked out my White Ice granite, I was afraid the whole thing would look too bland, white-washed. What are you doing for countertops?

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 1:39PM
tricia257

Rebeccamom-
I have arctic sand countertops (wht, cream, w bits of blk).

I also had your thought. I don't want a blinding white or washed out kitchen either. My base cabinets are chocolate cherry w an ebony glaze. I need to get a sample of the counter. I can't remember it that well. :)

It seems like you and I are on the same schedule. I think we started the demo at the same time you did.

My granite is busy enough so I know I want something restful for the backsplash.
Are you considering doing grey subways perhaps?

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 3:14PM
rebeccamomof123

Tricia, Happy rennoing! Our oak floor just laid as of today. Hopefully you guys are making good progress too. Here is my granite with the gray subway I am considering. Is your granite similar to mine? The color in the photo makes the subway tile looks more green than gray but it's actually gray - called Graystone. What do you think of the combo? I also tried it against white subway. I'll post that pic too.

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 4:13PM
rebeccamomof123

Here it is with a white subway....(I would not use the floral trim - it just happened to be attached to the sample board)

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 4:16PM
tricia257

I have to say I much prefer the gray. I can see where it may just be too much white to have a white backsplash.

Are you using chrome or nickel fixtures?

I can see touches of silver working really well.

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 10:01PM
rebeccamomof123

Oh thanks! I posted these pics eariler today and the majority of webbers voted for the gray saying the white cabs and white backsplash with light granite would be too much white. My cabinet hardware will be polished nickel bin pulls - I found them at Home Depot(http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/catalog/servlet/Search?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&keyword=martha+stuart%20hardware%20nickel&Ns=None&Ntpr=1&Ntpc=1&selectedCatgry=Search+All)

and knobs - I just ordered them! Thanks for the feedback.

Try the tile with your granite and see what you think.

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 10:24PM
More Discussions
Advice on first draft of kitchen layout
One change already is I may go with a cooktop, micro/convection...
happyallison
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
Here's as close to a reveal as I may ever get... :)
I'm not going to call this a reveal because I am not...
crcollins1_gw
How can I improve this layout?
How can I change this layout and still keep the sink...
houserookie
Freaky photo issue!
I just tried to start a new thread and attempted to...
debrak_2008
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™